PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone about?

Emaa
12-07-09, 05:20
Because I've been panicking (So I can't spell..) all night! Some of you might have read my other posts of these leg twinges that've been setting me off.

Well I had a little pain in my hip (AND I MEAN LITTLE!) But it was pain none the less. . Sooo, I've but 2+2 together and got over a million! And presumed that there was infact a clot and it travelled to my hip.

Since then, I felt a slight pain in my neck - Again, nothing major but it was pain. And in my head EVERY pain has a reason.. Well it doesn't but you get my drift.

So yeah, I've done it again and presumed the clot has now travelled up and is in my neck and will be heading to my brain. I am so scared! I haven't slept and I'm exhausted. I just can't stop panicking, I'm constantly checking my pupils to check the size to see if I'm hemmorhaging.

I rang the NHS direct over an hour and a half ago and I'm waiting for a doctor to ring me back.

Please can someone give me some reassurance? Or even just talk to me until the doctor calls? I am so scared it is beyond belief. I can't die now, I can't I have my son and I can't leave him. I'm terrified!

lesleya
12-07-09, 05:44
Hi Emaa
How are you feeling now, has the dr rang you back yet?

Emaa
12-07-09, 05:48
Still the same if not worse, I'm just going mental!!
I rang them back and they said it could be another 2 hours! I don't know what to do.

I got a pain in my back .. So that was a blood clot moving
pain in my neck.. That was a blood clot moving
Pain in my hip.. Blood clot!

OMG usually I'm really good at being able to calm myself down but tonight I just can't :(

Thankyou for replying!

drchic
12-07-09, 05:50
Hi Emaa...

It'll be ok! Breathe deep, focus on your diaphragm not on your lungs. Diaphragmatic breathing is used in biofeedback...

Are you doing ok?

Take care,
drchic

Emaa
12-07-09, 05:52
I'm really not I don't know what's wrong with me! I can't calm down. I'm looking out for every single pain and presuming the worst. This is horrible!

I keep getting a pain in my back and I keep thinking there's a bloodclot heading to my brain and it's going to kill me.

Then I got a weird pain near my ear and I keep thinking the same

I don't know what to do! It has NEVER been this bad before, and I've had HA for 6 years now.

Thanks for replying!x

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:07
Wow Lesley I didn't know it was you!
We used to speak about a year ago when I was about before! How're you?

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:09
OMGosh please someone talk to me.

the doctor's rang back anyway and said he can't explain it but he thinks I definatley need to be seen today, so they're sending transport for me to go to a clinic or something. Ooh fun.

Please will someone keep my occupied until they call?

lesleya
12-07-09, 06:21
emaa of course sorry hun didnt really recognise your name.
I wont ask how you are as your obviously not too good at the moment...did the dr say what he thought it might be. Have you trapped a nerve or something to cause the pain?

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:24
He said he honestly didn't have an answer over the phone but because I'm 4 weeks post natal he thinks I should be seen.

Which makes me wonder wth it is if even a doctor doesn't know! I thought he'd just ring back and reassure me, but I'm really scared now.

lesleya
12-07-09, 06:32
Aw emaa hun im sure its nothing as serious as your thinking.
Have you just had a baby? sorry to ask such a daft question when you said post natal. Did you get a lot of back pain while you were pregnant?
I have had back pain since my son was born and he's 28 now :) but its one of the unfortunate things a lot of women get after a pregnancy. Do you have someone to go with you?

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:38
Yeah, I had a boy! :D That's why I haven't been around for ages.

I had SPD, lots of pelvic pain but nothing really with my back until right at the end.

No, there's only me and my partner here and he's going to look after Callum (baby) for me.x

lesleya
12-07-09, 06:51
Im really happy for you having your baby thats brilliant, and i love the name callum, its my hubbys favourite name too...hes called malcolm but he always wanted people to call him callum for short as he hates malcolm:)
Im glad your partners looking after the baby so at least you dont have to worry about him while your away for a little while at the hospital.
What weight was callum?
Im just back from hols yesterday and im full of flu now, and im due back to work tomorrow too...typical:)
Let me know how you go hun
xxxx

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:54
Yeah I know, but I haven't been anywhere without him yet! It's going to be weird. But hopefully I'll be too busy missing him than to be thinking I'm dying!!

He was exactly 9lbs at birth (13 days overdue though) And on Wednesday he weighed 11lbs12oz!! He's had a major growth spurt though, he wouldn't fit in newborn clothes anyway when we got him home (lol) but now he's even too long for some 0-3 months! I've had him in a 3-6 babygro today.. He's a right little chunk

Awhh, did you go anywhere nice? We're just going to Skegness next month woop woop! xx

Emaa
12-07-09, 06:58
WELL.. Bloody out of hours doctors have just rang me back, and they have no transport today!!!
So they're sending a doctor out instead but it could be 'quite a while' he said. Oh the joys! That's started me off more now, and my best friend is asleep on the sofa so I'm going to have to wake him up? I can't really leave him there with the doctor coming out. GRRR.

Emaa
12-07-09, 07:11
Lesley I got a pain in my chest and now I'm worrying over that. I don't know how long this bloody doctor's going to be! If it was taking 2-4 hours just for a callback it's probably going to be ages and I don't know if I can go that long :(

lesleya
12-07-09, 07:12
Wow emaa 9lbs thats a big baby...'a right little chunk':roflmao:....bless him he sounds really cute.
We were in shropshire last week hun, its got some really nice places like bridgnorth, little stretton, ludlow etc. My neighbours came back from skegness yesterday too theyve been going there for the last 4 or 5 yrs with their kids and they all seem to love it, i think the place they go to is called 'ingomells' or something like that:) but the holdiay might be just what you need a break away from everything just to chill out and relax.

Emaa
12-07-09, 07:16
lol he's a little bugger! He's just started smiling too :) It's awesome

Yeah Ingoldmells is where I'm going! My grandma lives down there in the summer and up here in the winter so I can always get a free holiday ;) I've been going there since I was little

YEAHH! I can't wait to get a break. I'm thinking either being overtired from the lack of iron (Lost alot of blood during birth) and looking after Callum could be triggering my anxiety again, or just going through the birth itself?

How've you been anyway? I think I sent you an email the other day (when I got the net at home) I don't know if you still use that account though?
xx

lesleya
12-07-09, 07:21
The pain in your chest will be because your feeling so anxious hun, i get them too when im panicing. How long did they say theyd be? If your anything like me by the time you get to see a dr all the aches and pains have gone :blush:

Emaa
12-07-09, 07:34
Lol they probs will! But the weird leg feelings will probs be here, so I'll just focus on that! That's what's scaring me so much!

how's your anxiety been chick?x

lesleya
12-07-09, 07:36
Aaaah isnt that lovely him smiling your so lucky, id love to have those times back again, its so precious when they start to do just little things like that, and when they first laugh...well giggle its totally amazing it sounds so brilliant. I think a babies laugh is one of the curest things ever...and its so infectious too it makes me laugh too.
I think your right yes all the stress of having a baby and the physical exhaustion too most probably will have triggered your anx again and the holiday will help you relax and rest, though i know its not easy resting with a new baby around, but get your partner to take over and let you chill out...after all youve done all the hard work:)
I havent recieved an email from you emaa, but ive just added your msn to my list and sent you an invite so you should get that soon.

Emaa
12-07-09, 07:39
Yeah he's trying to laugh now! Just smiles and breathes fast and squeaks a bit lol, I'm obsessed with him!!

Yeah I love it when they get a bit older and really laugh at stuff! It's is absolutley adorable <3

My other half is absolutley brilliant with him! Because he never really wakes up during the night feeds ect, he gets up with him on a morning and lets me sleep 'till dinner time hehe! He's brilliant.

Ahh, I haven't got it yet.x

lesleya
12-07-09, 07:52
Lucky old you he sounds a really good fella....wish i could do that lol.
I get restless legs...well my mum calls them the fidgets as she gets it too:) but it is like feeling fidgety, but in your legs, and i cant help but to move them around to ease it, especially if i get cramp...hate that, its the only thing that makes me move fast..lol I find theyre worst when im hot as it seems too aggravate them, i dont know if you find that? so i try to keep as cool as i can.
Ive got 'lymphoedema' in my left leg so i can totally sympathise with anyone that suffers leg pain hun.

Emaa
12-07-09, 07:53
I've looked into restless leg syndrome, but I don't get the strong urge to move my legs or anything, it's just loads of weird feelings in my leg and some weird cold feelings and random pains.

What's lymphoedema? Sorry I don't know what it is.x

lesleya
12-07-09, 08:10
Lymphoedema/Lipoedema is trauma to a joint normally after an operation.
I got out of a taxi about 13 yrs ago and my foot just went from under me.
It turned out i had fractured the bones in my ankle, no idea at all how i did it, it didnt hurt..good job too or id have been a right basket case...lol, but they had to put pins and a plate in my ankle and apprently an operation on a joint like that can cause trauma which affects the drainage of lymph glands, so its swollen just about all the time now and is really painful, but theres nothing they can do so i just get on with it, its just life isnt it hun, and theres worst things i could have isnt there so im lucky really!
Is your leg pain since you had the baby or did you get it before?

Emaa
12-07-09, 08:17
Aww hun that must've been awful! But at least nothing worse happened :)

Yeah it's since I've had him, the dr's just left! He said my circulation in my leg is brilliant and it's just my sciatic nerve getting irritated from all the weight gain in pregnancy! He told me I need to loose weight.. Ohh don't I know it!

Thank goodness! I've calmed down quite a bit now. I can't believe my anxiety has got this bad again.

I haven't received your add for msn could you pm your addy?
xx

lesleya
12-07-09, 08:23
Hi
Yes i will pm you it now.
Its does honestly sound like a trapped nerve or something hun, especially with the cold feelings and the twitches. Like your dr said sciatica, thats very painful and can go up your leg and in your hip too.
A ddoctors answer to most things is your weight or your age :roflmao: but it does ease muscle pain when your lighter...they say?
Im glad youve calmed down a little now hun...you must be feeling shattered by now?
xx

Emaa
12-07-09, 08:29
Thanks missus!

Yeah it started hurting by my hip but I was just thinking of a blood clot and that it was travelling upwards!

Yeah but hopefully this'll give me more motivation to shed the baby weight.. And some more! lol.

I'm tired, but I still don't think I could sleep. I got myself too wound up tonight.

I feel soooo much better now, but I'm feeling a little low knowing my nasty anxiety is back and worse! It was so good during pregnancy. Grrr.

Have you slept yet?x

lesleya
12-07-09, 08:42
Yes hun i fell asleep about 1:30am and i woke up about 4:30am because of this flu ive come back with i think...hate colds cos i always feel like crap.
I think if the dr you spoke to tonight thought it was anything serious at all he would have had an emergency ambulance there for you hours ago.
Only problem with lack of sleep is that it makes anxiety worse though doesnt it. If ive had a good nights sleep i find i can cope with things much better than a day without sleep.
xx

lesleya
12-07-09, 08:52
Sorry hun im going to have to go lie down im struggling to stay awake now.
I hope everything goes ok at the hospital...and im sure it will.:)
Let me know how what they say.
Take care
xxxx
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: