PDA

View Full Version : exam tomorrow - terrified

Annabelle
12-07-09, 14:46
hi all

so i have an exam tomorrow morning on ecology - luckily the open university let me sit my exams at home with an invigilator but never the less im terrified. Not only do i have all the usual exam nerves of - oh my god i dont know anything im going to fail but on top of that iv got the oh my god im going to have several panic attacks im going to pass out/ lose my mind.

On top of it all i have had a migraine since tuesday - i dont get the headache i get all the blurry vision huge dizzy spells foggy head stuff - which makes me really anxious which makes the migraine worse ( which is an example of a positive feedback loop - see i have remembered something!)

just need some advice on how to tackle this three layered anxiety sandwich from hell!

god im soo dizzy this is horrible - its not lightheaded but full on world is spinning stuff how am i going to stay in place for 3 hours to do this exam?!

HELP :wacko::weep:

june
12-07-09, 15:05
:hugs: If possible go and DO something completely different - right now - take your mind off your exam. Have a chat to a friend who is NOT doing exams:blush:
Clean the oven / do some gardening.
You know that it is exam nerves added to your own stress levels.
At this moment i am suffering giddiness and nausea - feeling XXXX but on here as a distraction / :weep: other people have worse probs than me:weep:
When your exam is ready you will probably sail thro it:yesyes:
If you read your own post you will see how sensible you are:yesyes: you have identified your own fears and worries - so CONGRATULATIONS for that :yesyes:
Now go and have some fun calm your self and pass that exam tomorrow with flying colours:yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

Annabelle
12-07-09, 15:31
Thankyou june

dizzyness sucks doesn't it?! i've just made myself a cup of the old chamomile and im going to cruise through the last chapters to revise then im going to walk the dog and blow the

cobwebs away. im always on here as a distraction - sometimes i need to take my own advice! if only there was a pill to take away dizzyness and jaw clenching id be ok!

thankyou for replying, it means a lot.

xxxx

june
12-07-09, 15:50
:hugs: I agree the dizziness is scary - i have just bought the book ""it is not all in your head"" recommended on here.
I have skimmed thro it and it looks brill but when i settle down to read it i start to cry - it tells me what i really know already and yet i am scared to take the first steps to gaining control of anxiety - what a vicious circle we weave for our selves:blush:
9 years ago ((as a Mature student:ohmy: )) I graduated from UNI - panicked most of the way thro - They said i might ""scrape thro with a "Third"" i got 2:2 oh was i proud of myself:yesyes: now it is yoru turn....
Best wishes
June

doodah
12-07-09, 18:05
Hello Annabelle - best of luck with your exam tomorrow - I'm sure you'll do just fine. Looks like june has given you some excellent advice :) Have you tried Rescue Remedy to settle you down a little? Let us know how you get on won't you!

Wendy:hugs:

Parfait757
12-07-09, 18:26
Good luck, I am sure you will do fine. Don't worry!

Annabelle
12-07-09, 19:31
Thankyou doodah and parfait - fingers crossed and yes i shall let you know how it goes!
june - i am in exactly the same place i know what i need to do to get better im just too scared to do it in case i fail. but thats a scary thought for another day - today im all about evapotranspiration equations!

thankyou all and fingers crossed for me!

Veronica H
12-07-09, 23:32
:yesyes: Good luck Annabelle. I am also an OU graduate. I promise that when you pick that exam paper up and start reading through it, the adrenalin will be put to good use for once and you will be focused. I know this because I was about the same just before an exam and I too have panic anxiety.
Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes
Veronica

Annabelle
13-07-09, 12:34
hi all

well your good thoughts helped me cos iv just finished my exam and it went alright! Anxiety was high and crept up in waves but i managed to concentrate enough to answer most of the questions - now lets just hope they were the right answers!got a bit fidgety towards the end but i managed te 2 hours without a full blown attack so here's hoping i get the magic 40% in order to pass!

thankyou again all for your help - this place is so good for when im having a big old wobble!

xxxx

june
13-07-09, 13:44
To Annabelle

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Well Done
Best wishes
June

Veronica H