PDA

View Full Version : Eating more, Putting on no weight, Going to the toilet less

sMINT
12-07-09, 18:47
So for the past month I have been eating more and more food trying to put on weight.

throughout this time I have not lost or put on a single pound. A constant weight throughout.

That concerns me but what does more is the fact I have nearly doubled my calorie intake and I am going to the toilet hardly at all.

I went today and before that was 4 days ago, before that was another 5 days.

Surely something is wrong?

lovelife
14-07-09, 05:25
Not really enough info on your diet past/present so with a few assumptions i could say...
The body is an odd thing. People who suddenly eat less will often find themselves putting on weight as their body hoards the food (as fat) thinking it's not going to get much for a while! For you it could be something similar. Now you're suddenly eating more your body wants to keep it while it lasts!
It could also be to do with what you're eating. What are the extra calories? Are you still eating a balanced diet with fibre for good digestion?

A personal opinion would be to keep at it a little longer as your body and metabolism is still adjusting to this sudden change. If it stops the anxiety though a GP trip may be good =). Of course bare in mind that the anxiety may be causing the lack of weight gain and odd bowels - an evil circle!

djvtech
14-07-09, 10:00
Not sure why. But if you arent drinking much water then you better start. I drink at least 5 glasses a day and never used to but when I wasnt I was constipated a lot, water solved it.

amandaj
14-07-09, 11:45
im complete oppsite to you i cant stop going to loo and cant eat im sure its nothing to worry about id love to be constipated for a day i know that sounds silly but i would