PDA

View Full Version : Introduction-coming off sertraline

glitter girl
12-07-09, 19:11
Hi My name is Ceri. I am 25 years old and live with my fiance and my dog. I have read this website numerous times and never really thought i needed to post anything on here...untill now, that is.
I have suffered with depression on and off for ten years and have been on a couple of different medications, the latest one i had been taking is 'Sertraline' i have bben on this for 4 years. About 6 wweks ago i visited the doctor who was horified that i was still taking the Sertraline as everytime i went to see the doctor they would just fit me in with whoever 'was available' and they would just keep prescribing me the medication. My original doctor said i should have only been on it for about 12 months and she was really dissapointed with whoever was just re-prescribing it to me, as i was saying 6 weeks ago my doctor said those dreaded words to me "I think its time we took you off Sertraline". I had decreased my dose over 5 weeks and last sunday i completely stopped. Last week in work was the worst week ever, i sort of felt drunk and as the week went on i started walking into things, felt as if i was going to fall over and just generally had the feeling i had just come off a fair ride, my tongue is numb too and im feeling shivery and tense. I would just like to know if anyone has had similar feeling and am i normal, and do u know how long this will last??? Well anyway, that was my introduction and i hope someone replys or i will feel like a right loser ha ha. Thank you for your time.x:blush:

bottleblond
12-07-09, 19:56
Hiya Ceri

Welcome along to nmp! :flowers:

You will get lots of advice and support here

Nice to meet you!

Lisa
x

Patty
14-07-09, 00:07
Hi Ceri, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I had 'strange' feelings when I came off meds (effexor) for about a week.

I hope that you are feeling better. :hugs:

Best wishes :flowers: