PDA

View Full Version : I can't be the only one

daisycake
12-07-09, 19:15
I posted two or three nights ago and no replies, but have calmed down a bit now; was in a bit of a state when I last posted. Have been reading anxiety booklets that GP gave me; they're helping a bit but they're geared towards general anxiety; not so much health axiety...

big worry just now is still carbon monoxide, when i lasted posted this someone suggested it could be an obsession and I think they could be right - it's been on/off since last summer. Away on a caravan holiday on sat and I'm absolutely panicing, not wanting to go - what if I get CO poisoning up there and can't do anything about it? Google hasn't been helping with horror stories of this happening to other people.

I don't know what to do - whether to go see doc again (twice in two weeks) or ask my mum for advice, so I'm turning to you guys. I can't be the only person out there who worries about this!

maybeoneday
12-07-09, 20:09
hi

have your thought about buying a plugin carbonmonoxide tracker, i got one from the local market, you could take this with you.
try not to let it ruin your holiday,
denise

Panickypants
12-07-09, 20:43
Or go on british gas website, they sell them they are a little more expensive but they have a life time gaurantee...I too went through a phaze where i was sure we were getting poisened but since i'v had the monitor i've been o.k... worth getting to keep your worry's at bay x x

daisycake
12-07-09, 20:50
If we had a monitor that would help me a lot; would certainly stop the worrying and googling! I want to ask my mum for one (I'm seventeen) but she isn't in the right mood right now; she doesn't understand my anxieties and sometimes gets frustrated when I ask her for help. Which makes me worry more and talk about my worries less! She's never seen the point in a monitor since we only have a gas cooker..