PDA

View Full Version : 26/Guy/Northants...

Damaged
15-09-05, 15:05
Hey all,

Just a quick post to say hi, I doubt i'll be posting here too frequently to be honest; even forums/chatrooms can mess with my head from time-to-time; I suppose i've a pretty serious case of S A..?.
Anyway, I'm a 26 yr old bloke from Northants, as you've probably already gathered, I'm a lifelong sa-er although my anxieties are a lot better than they were a few years ago, I still can't handle many things most people do without giving it a second thought, but I think things are coming together slowly. I'd love to meet with people nearby; I don't know a single person who lives nearby (haven't lived here long) - and would jump at the chance to boost me social skills a little.

If anyone wants to gimme a shout, do so at sasucks@tesco.net

Cheers.

Meg
15-09-05, 15:11
Hello and welcome,

Glad you have managed to improve your situation recently. Hope you keep managing to push back the boundaries ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
15-09-05, 15:14
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
15-09-05, 16:16
Hi Damaged

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
15-09-05, 16:55
Hi Damaged,

Welcome to the forum.

I can quite relate to how you feel as I think back to how I felt at 26, especially when you use that phrase "still can't handle many things most people do without giving it a second thought"

But you say your anxities are a lot better than they were, so there's every reason to think that they will continue to improve. I improved greatly as time went on, but it does need a leap on your part sometimes.

By joining this site, you are making a positive stride forward, and are opening your gates to cyber friendships. Get involved here, and perhaps try out the chat room that we have too.

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jill
15-09-05, 17:21
Hi Damaged

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

sueiamnew
15-09-05, 17:53
Welcome to the site Damaged.

trac67
15-09-05, 18:45
Hi Damaged,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

pinkscrumpy
15-09-05, 19:26
A big warm welcome to you Damaged

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Elaine1
15-09-05, 20:44
Hi Damaged

A big warm welcome to the site.

Elaine

Cinders4
19-09-05, 15:14
Welcome to the site, I thought the same as you when I found this site, that reading about others woes would make me worse and I would start to increase my own problems. But as it turns out I have been able to take comfort in reading others stories, knowing Im not alone, not a freak and also helping others...

Try and stay in touch withthe guys on here, But your right not to completely throw yourself into it if you think it will increase your anxiety.xx

tracyp584
19-09-05, 15:54
Hey Damaged,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

calendergirl99
21-09-05, 02:58
Don't call yourself DAMAGED.....you are an amazing soul. People who have anxieties are sensitive, deep, wonderful people. Go into the internet and get your hands on a book called HOPE AND HELP FOR YOUR NERVES By Dr. Claire Weekes........and believe and follow it 100%. You won't believe the results. Also, stay away from caffeine, white flour, sugar and alcohol as much as you can and you won't believe how calmer you are and when you feel calm you can think calm. Anyways, your suffering will be the best teacher in your life and you will always stand out more than the norm. Good luck.

Elise Monte