PDA

View Full Version : hi

marie74
13-07-09, 00:34
Hi everyone. My name is Marie im 35 and from scotland.I have had GAD and depression for the last 10 years and have tried various treatments. I feel my life is passing me by. I found this site today while looking for information on duloxetine withdrawal as im 7 days into coming off it and feel awful.

Louise21
13-07-09, 07:58
Hi Marie & :welcome:
I'm glad you've found this site as you'll find it helpful and supportive.
I too suffer with GAD and depression and know how awful it is.
I only took Duloxetine a few times as it's one of the many meds that didn't agree with me, so I didn't have withdrawals. Has the doctor replaced it with any other med?
Please let us know how you are.
Love,
Louise.

Rachel424
13-07-09, 10:42
Hi there are welcome to the site. I have had GAD for around 8 years and have been on many different medications, but there is no miracle cure unfortunely. I'm sure you'll find lots of information and support here.:flowers:

Patty
14-07-09, 10:52
Hi Marie, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

clinky
14-07-09, 22:53
Hi everyone. My name is Marie im 35 and from scotland.I have had GAD and depression for the last 10 years and have tried various treatments. I feel my life is passing me by. I found this site today while looking for information on duloxetine withdrawal as im 7 days into coming off it and feel awful.Hi Marie74, My names clinky I have suffered from depression off and on since I was 12 years old.
I too have had various treatments over the years and have just been given citalopram to try and found this web site by researching for side affects.
Coming off of any antidepressant can be hard. Especially in the early days.
I'm finding everyday a struggle. Coming off the drugs can make make you dip and feel low with the withdrawls. Can you come off of them REALLY slowly?

I dread the winter as soon as the days get darker, so does life.
I've just come off of sertraline. That was hard going and i've sunk so i've now been given citalopram. Have you been on it?
All the best Clinky

marie74
18-07-09, 00:24
Thanks for the welcome folks sorry ive been quiet still out of it. clinky i had to come of it immediately as it was affecting my liver function. I tried citalopram about 8 years ago and it worked really well for a few years before stopping working. I hope it helps you. let me know how you are doing.