PDA

View Full Version : mini "head rushes"

Hears The Water
09-01-04, 01:34
Hi y'all. I was just out taking a walk and I expereinced a feeling that has been happening to me a lot lately, and I thought that I would ask here if anyone else has experienced it. My friend and I call them "mini head rushes". I salute to my wild mis-spend youth. Back when I was stupid and doing drugs, we would try things to induce what we called head rushes. Called this because it felt like your head was rushing foreward. I think in reality it may have been because we where depriving our brains of oxygen. They would feel like the world was closing in, like tunnel vision. And everything would "compress" or seem more intense. Like if you where looking at a chair that was green in color, the green would be just a shade deeper, and the focus would be sharper.
The new "mini rushes" are simular in that everything feels odd for a bit. There was a noise in my head like my normal "quiet-room-all-alone noise" is a bit more pronounced. It is hard to define. What has me freaked is that I usually only feel this thing when I am sick (the last cold/flu? that I had did it) or when I am awakend during my deep sleep phase. I know I am rambeling, but it is so very very hard to describe. It has been leading to the thought that since I only have them when I am sick or when I am waking up, and I am not just waking up, then I must be ill. Since I am a hypochondirac, these thoughts are disturbing. I think if I knew that it was part of my panic stuff I could talk myself down a bit. Especially if someone else has been thru them. Anything I can do to fix them? When I try to "re-create" one I can't. Any help would be very very much appreceated. I would imagine that when someone new like me comes on, y'all get a bunch of symptom checking going on. Thanks for your patience.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

sarah
09-01-04, 14:10
Hiya Debbie

I get this occasionally...totally relate to the 'quiet room all alone' noise even when im out somewhere. I definately put it down to the anxiety and just do a couple of deep breaths and try and distract myself. It usually only lasts for a really short time.

hope this reassures you

love Sarah
xx

spiritscense
16-01-04, 00:06
Hi Debbie: I too have the Mini head rushes...it all starts by a weird twinge in either my upper chest above my right breat, or a heart palpatation, then a wierd rush to my head....then it all starts...I feel like a stroke is going to happen or a heart attack and I will die any minute, these feelings are VERY STRONG and grasp me and I lung out of bed or have to grab onto something...or start pacing really fast grasping my chest...looking for relief. This happens almost every day. Especially when I wake up from a sleep...3 am, 4 am or a normal 7 am. It has been 6 months now, 3 emergency room visits, ekg, thyroid tests, hormone tests....I havent gotten a grip on them yet but I do have a good day now and then.

I also have a deep buzzing or vibration in my head all the time so I sleep with a fan on and keep music on.

Blessing, PAM

stimpy
16-01-04, 00:36
My friend Dave the CPN tells me that the full name for it is De-personalization or De-realization.

People often describe it as a feeling unreal, disembodied, strange,
weird, foreign, seeing in two dimensions or even witnessing things as a 3rd person as if your own actions are in a film or on a TV programme with vivid colours or sounds.

People also say they feel as if they are cut off or distant from the immediate surroundings, objects appear to be unsolid, or they feel light headed.

It's nothing to worry about, it is all part of your anxiety and it's completely harmless. But I would advice that you don't try and cross a busy roads if you are feeling "weird".

Dave tells me that it is caused by too much oxygen in the blood stream and the best way to cope with it is to slow down your breathing and not to dwell on it.
Once your anxiety levels drop this feeling of De-personalization or De-realization will disappear.

I hope this makes sense.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Buby
16-01-04, 00:46
hi Debbie.

i always get head rushes when i get up from a chair too fast or sit up too fast. they make you go blind for like 10 seconds dont thye, they cloud your vision and make you dizzy. they're not nice as will of experienced.

hugs Rachel xx