PDA

View Full Version : Im scared of flying tonight...

missgalbraith
13-07-09, 09:35
i have a flight at midnight tonight to greece and to say im terrified is an understatement. i just cant bear taking off, im crying already.

im not one of those ppl who gets hysterical or cries infront of everyone, but its the taking off i cant handle.

my doctors given me 2mg diazepam but can anyone tell me do they think i should take that or just try alcohol? im so nervous! i dontr ant to take the pill and then realise nothings happened but i wont be able to take the alcohol!!

ive been told to take one, 3 times today. ive not even a=takjen my first one yet, im pretty nervous.

help :weep:

clarebear
13-07-09, 11:49
Hello missgalbraith, please do take the diazipan. I have them for flying (I go to Greece at the beginning of Aug).They really work,I don't ever have alcohol before flying incase I feel sick.The pills just give you a calming feeling which is great.My worse bit is take off also,so I know exactly what you are going through.:hugs:

suzy-sue
13-07-09, 12:58
I always had a couple of drinks before I boarded the plane and another couple on board.:blush: This always relaxed me enough to cope with the taking off.The pills will do the same but ,if you dont know how you react with them,perhaps its better to stick with what usually works for you? Make sure you drink plenty of water as well ,as alcohol dehtdrates you and so does flying..Have you got an mp3 player you could play to take your mind off things or a relaxing cd? Do some deep breathing as soon as you board and you will be fine .Hope you have a great time. Luv Suex

nanny
13-07-09, 13:09
I think it would help you to take the tablet, it's not enough to knock you out (i have been on them 11 years) but it certainly will take the edge of it.
If you don't want to take it today then take it 20 mins before you board as this is how long it takes for them to kick in.

Have a great holiday

JonRhodesUK
14-07-09, 08:04
If you visit http://www.FreeHypnosisTreatment.com there are a number of free relaxation audio sessions you can download. If you have an IPod or MP3 player, you can listen to them whilst on the flight. This should help!