PDA

View Full Version : Today it's meningitis

daisycake
13-07-09, 11:13
And the doc's is closed. I feel achy all over, feverish (too hot/too cold), my hands and feet are slightly cold and I've got a bit of a headache (stuffed up feeling really). No stiff neck yet and no sensitivity to lights.. I've got this spot "down there" and squeezed the hell out of it last night, woke up with it swollen and feeling awful; that was about 7am. Feeling a bit worse now and it subsides a bit if I sit down. Not good - thoughts of if it's meninigitis I need help now etc.. My mum suggested going to the nearest ER but I think she just wants to prove there's nothing seriously wrong? Aaargh what to do? :meh:

cassy1989
13-07-09, 13:31
You would know if it was meningitis. You are just bunged up and by now you would be alot more ill xx

lovelife
14-07-09, 05:05
Oh the joy of meningitis days!
I would reccomend the good old glass test just as a way of easing the anxiety. When you press it down on the spots they should vanish. The spots are more of pinprick rashes than ones you can actually pop though =).
Like cassy said - you would know (or at least be more certain) as the fever/aching you get would pretty much confine you to a bed.
Hope you get better soon! =) xxx