PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Essex

tranquil
13-07-09, 14:24
Hello everyone

I have periodic bouts of depression and when I do, I have such a need to know that I am not alone in what I am going through. Thats why I'm here, sigh...

Out of the blue I'm back in this hell-hole of misery, having been fine for almost exactly a year. I dont know what triggered it on this occasion but the knowledge that the black dog is back yet again is devastating. How long will he stay this time?

Last time I went through this I tried to track down a local support group without any success at all, I hope this is a friendly and encouraging site, I am feeling very sad.

The name 'tranquil' is the way I would like to feel. I wish you all tranquility and calm.

Rogx

bottleblond
13-07-09, 16:47
Hi Rog

Welcome along to NMP

You will let lots of advice and support here!

Nice to meet you
Lisa
x

tranquil
13-07-09, 17:07
Thankyou Lisa, good to meet you too
Rogx

deb-22
13-07-09, 17:33
hi rog There are loads of us who feel the way you do so you are really not alone.I think its so strange how anxiety just turns up after having a good period and for no apparent reason Im not sure about support groups but I havnt found any ...maybe someone on here can help with that one- maybe councelling would help you A visit to the doctor would help good luck x

chantelle
13-07-09, 18:23
Hi Rog

I feel like I'm reading my own story. It was almost a exactly a year from I had my first & last bout of depression until I took it again. I have been on cipralex since 14th March and can now see light at the end of the tunnel!!! Dr Claire Weekes book, which can be downloaded free from the NMP shop is excellant - it really assures you that you are not alone and it so empathetic!!!

Take care and PM me anytime if you want

Chantelle

tranquil
14-07-09, 09:25
Thankyou Deb22, Chantelle, bottleblond and tetley for your kind comments, it is helpful to know that so many of you have such similar experiences and can empathise.