PDA

View Full Version : Leaking batteries - Grrr!

stimpy
09-01-04, 13:02
I bought a nice "Frog" shaped waterproof radio, and some fool left it turned on and the battries leaked. :(

Not a problem tho' :D I put some vinegar on a cotton wool ball and cleaned off the battery gunk to make the contacts nice and clean again and hey presto working frog.

Great idea for anyone who has ever had a tv remote or radio trashed because leaking batteries have covered the contacts in gunk.

nomorepanic
10-01-04, 14:54
Thanks Liz.

I use vinegar to remove lime-scale. It has so many uses doesn't it?

Nicola

stimpy
15-01-04, 23:13
Right time to get stevie to vinegar the loo !

Thanks nic, I'll give it a go.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

nomorepanic
15-01-04, 23:21
It works Liz and most baths/sinks/loos are not suited to the limescale removers on the market.

Give it a try - it works! Just give it time to soak in!

Nicola

benoo5
15-01-04, 23:34
AND TO THINK,I PUT IT ON MY CHIPS LOL

bryan.

Lottie32
15-01-04, 23:39
We have (admittedly industrial strength) salt and vinegar at work.

You should read the health and safety data sheets for them. You could kill somebody very easily just by putting them on your chips!

Charlie

emo
15-01-04, 23:59
i got the "how clean is your house" book for my birthday and its full of really useful tips (not that ive put any of them into practice yet)
but its amusing reading as well

stimpy
16-01-04, 00:38
Hmm .... I do believe you've given me an evil plan *rubs hands in a menacing fashion*

Someone's gonna get some vinegar treatment if they give me too much "Daily Punishment". [:p]

I did read somewhere that vinegar can even be used as a mild disinfectant and to remove stains ... hang on I'm thinking of my evil plan to avoid Steve's daily punishment again.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Lottie32
16-01-04, 00:49
Vinegar in it's neat form will pretty much remove anything - skin, flesh, never mind stains.

And salt sucks moisture faster than you can say suction pump.

Imagine what neat salt would do to your digestive system. Ha Ha Ha - a human slug!

Charlie