PDA

View Full Version : Confused about swine flu..

Wee-Mee
13-07-09, 15:30
This may sound strange but I keep having fleeting feelings of anger at the meida for blowing it out of proportion..then actually getting really worried about it,as I have asthma,my father has asthma,emphysema AND stomach troubles,my mother diabetes and I'm scared one of them get it and die from it because of "underlying medical issues" That's all they keep f***ing saying. :weep:

I don't know how to change my homepage but it is skybroadband and every time I open a page there is some bloody headline about someone dying of swine flu and it's just messing with my head..

Not to mention I do feel rather headachey and runny nose etc but ..oh I dunno.

I guess I just need yet more comfort. Just losing a bitjus t now

telbanham
13-07-09, 15:52
It's got me worrying too, especially when I read the ashtma thing. As I have ashtma and my friend only today has been diagnosed with swine flu.

Now I am scared!

Surely nothing will happen even if you did get it is there?

Wee-Mee
13-07-09, 16:09
I dunno telbanham.. I'm sorry about your friend too and that you have asthma! Asthma is awful on it iw own.. argh..My head is in a pickle thenow. And apparantly someone from Downing street has it now..maybe the government will do something now that "one of their own" has it.. oh there I go..I'm getting angry again :weep:

neelam30
13-07-09, 16:22
am really scared too, at work i have to deal with issues around it, like opening fu centres ect. its really scaring me. my whole family are in london and i am so worried about them. just heard a gp and a child died from it. i am actually having a panic attack right now, after doing so well for so long. its a tough one really, its just like hell for us anxiety hypochondriac types!

Jo3016
13-07-09, 18:36
I am feeling rather anxious about it too especially as 2 more seemingly healthy people have died from it today. I have 3 healthy children but I still am very worried about anything happening to them.

I have to just keep reminding myself that, for the most part, this seems to be a relatively mild flu that 99% are recovering from.

Frenchflower
13-07-09, 18:43
I'm really worried too. I'm asthmatic and I have to go on a 5 and a half hour train journey on Wednesday as i'm going on holiday. I'm terrified of catching swine flu on the train and being ill away from home. The news keep pushing more and more cases of people dying, but they're also saying that the vaccine which is meant to be out soon to protect us, hasn't been tested properly and could cause more deaths than swine flu itself! I feel so anxious about it.