PDA

View Full Version : Thought i was doin better!

icicledreamz
13-07-09, 16:36
Well, I have been in escitalopram now for about 7 weeks, just uped to 10mg 3 days ago, and today i feel like my anxiety is terrible, i've got that pounding heart feeling and just general anxiousness. Im feeling quite discouraged because i was hoping i was on my way to feeling better so i would be able to see a therapist..now im started to get depressed and wondering if i should even continue taking these pills. Is this normal? or does it mean that these aren't working for me?

chantelle
16-07-09, 01:50
Hi there

have been where you have been so many times since I started escitalopram (14 Mar) but I am now having more good days than bad and can see light at the end of the tunnel!!! I have had to do a lot of work on my own to remain positive like affirmations, kinesiology and exercise. Sorry to be so negative - it has been a long hard struggle but you will get there.

I was on citalopram before (saw locum this time & she gave nme esc!!!!!!!) and it worked much more quickly for me but had more side effects starting on it. Too late to change now so I will stick with the esc.

Good luck whatever you decide and let me know how you get on,

Take care

Chantelle