PDA

View Full Version : No Period

jannnne
13-07-09, 20:10
I was 40 in June....urghh.. I have not had a period since 2 June, but have had low back pain and pain in my side, also bad refulx and indigestion and nausea.. I have been to docs have slight urine infection an som antibitotics for this, need to go back tomorrow for swab and bloods, am worried about ovarian cancer. Nurse said that because my periods had stopped was not a sign... she also said it was too sudden for menopause, have not been too anxious does anyone know what it could be...NOT pregnant done test. Thank you x

nomorepanic
13-07-09, 20:16
Mine stopped once for 4 months and then recently for about 6 months and there is nothing wrong - these things happen apparently!

nataliean1982
13-07-09, 20:36
i am only 27, and i can remember a few times when i missed a period for no reason, and the next one came right on time. apparently there was nothing wrong with me because i have had three children with no problems, i am pretty sure stress is a major cause of missed, or irregular periods.

Beckie4567
14-09-15, 10:54
Did u get it looked into Nicola why did they say this was happening to u c

bernie1977
14-09-15, 11:11
I'm going through something similar. I'm 41 now and I first started having problems at 39. I was told it was peri menopause and that although uncommon it can happen to some at that age.

My periods went to 60-70 day cycles and my hormone count at one point showed I had gone through menopause, but these are not always accurate. Then out of the blue my periods came back normal and I was ok for a year but it's all started again

Had my bloods done again and the doctor has referred me to the gynaecologist as my hormone levels aren't right, indicting menopause again and I'm only 41. I get bouts of intense nausea, so bad I can't eat. I too suffer with acid relux. I go to the loo a lot more TMI I know!! I feel so tired I can barely function. I am scared about the appointment but I want to know what's wrong and if anything can be done to sort it as I'm sick of feeling like crap.

To get a more accurate reading of your hormone levels it should be done on the 1st or 2nd day of your cycle, not easy when you keep missing periods.

I hope they find out what is wrong and soon to put your mind at rest xx

Beckie4567
16-09-15, 08:39
How u doing in going tho simular situation myself 29 missed a period in may and one in Sept font no what's going on so scared