PDA

View Full Version : horrible vibrating sensation in my legs!!

lauraw
13-07-09, 20:17
ok, sio ive suffered from ha for a number of years but the last two years have been the worse! i got so bad with numbness in one leg, twitching all over, dizziness, disassociation etc that i went to see a neurologist. he assured me that i didn't have ms. i have felt great for ages with only a few wee hitches.
over the last couple of days i have had this horrible vibrating, buzzing sensation in the tops of my thighs. don't think i have had this before and now i am freaking out! I also sometimes get a feeling as if i have poor circulation in my feet. does anyone else get these symptoms?

please help

laura

nataliean1982
13-07-09, 20:34
i used to get the vibrations in the arches of my feet, and i could go on and on about all the symptoms i have the that could point toward MS, but think about it this way, are you still walking around and getting things done normally? then youre anxiety is probably the cause. i know how scary and horrible it feels...just hang in there and think about other things.

lauraw
13-07-09, 20:37
thank you, it measn alot when someone takes the time to reply x

tashbarnes87
13-07-09, 20:52
Laura, you has the kindness to reply to me. Guess what??? I have exactly the same thing my legs feel electric and buzzing deep within the muscle. I cannot feel anything if i hold my thigh. Its scaring me but it must be anxiety! It must be anxiety¬

lauraw
13-07-09, 21:35
deep down i know it anxiety its just the worst i have felt in months and its scaring me. i really don't want to go back down that road again. trying to do my breathing and postive self talk so hopefully feel better again tomorrow.

thank you again for your replies :hugs:

laura

justbananas
14-07-09, 05:52
this is very common if you do a search for 'buzzing' and 'vibrating' or 'vibration' on this board. it was one of my scariest symptoms. it came on one day when i was NOT in a period of high anxiety but in some sense must have been. i think it's overworked nerves. a lot of us get it. it feels like a freaking cell phone is trapped in my foot or my chest. often times on one side or once in awhile, both. if you stop thinking about it, it will go away. but mine took ages to go away and still comes back from time to time. much less though that i don't dwell on it.

lauren6
14-07-09, 13:11
I had that the other day in the back on my thigh. I was sitting here and it felt like there was a mouse under my thigh! It is probably what's called benign fasciculations. The muscle contracts involuntarily...same as when our eyelid twitches. Mine stopped about 2 hours later.

lauraw
14-07-09, 21:25
thanks guys nice to know there's support out there when you need it xxx

sjr1969
15-07-09, 13:54
hiya
yes i get this too. usually in my feet. its weird and annoying. but i tend to ignore now ive had it so long.
try not to worry x
sarah x

carli
10-03-10, 17:11
Hi all, i have started getting the buzzing in the legs and its driving me crazy :(. Any advice please. xx

BKF1515
10-03-10, 17:39
I get the buzzing sensation in my legs, for long bouts or buzzing pulses. I have more or less put it down to either not get enough of a vitamin (red that somewhere once) or something going on in my back that affects the legs (have also had pains). Don't worry, now that I hear so many others have had it, it must be anxiety! xo

Anxious_gal
10-03-10, 17:43
woke up a few year back to a vibrating,buzzing in my left arm :-(
i get it every so often an it's worse when I'm falling asleep or waking up.
i get every where now! sometimes in my head, neck, legs, hands, toes........
i don't know what would cause it :-(
it's so frustrating to be having these symptoms.
i've never mentioned it to my doctor though!

cinny
23-03-10, 00:10
oh WOW! I haven't written anything in a while, just been following along. I have been doing pretty darn good. Today, for the first time ever, I have had a "vibration" in the arch of my left foot! Naturally, I get freaked out. But I come here, and see that others have had it in their foot too! Mine is like a rhythmic vibration, very slight, almost in the background. It lasts about a half second, with maybe 2 seconds in between. Barely there if I don't notice it. Really there if I pay attention.

Does this match up to anyone else? I can't believe, that I have gotten so worked up over this!

blackberry1972
23-03-10, 13:31
Yeah I get the buzzing at the top of my right thigh, it started last week after a couple of weeks of getting bad anxiety which came after a period where I thought I had this thing beaten.
At the moment I’m feeling positive and I am ignoring it. Sometimes it stays for hours for but eventually it goes away like now but no doubt now that I have thought about it again it will come back

looking4answers
27-07-11, 06:23
Wonder if anyone that posted this is still around and experiencing it. I would love to find out if you still have it.Michael

M155anthr0p3
27-07-11, 11:18
God I get this all the time!!
I have blamed everything from vit deficiency (I am a vegetarian) to back problems.
It tends to come on whether I feel it or not.
i get it in my feet, my calf muscles & at the moment I have it in the back of my left thigh.

So strange!!!

luckyme
27-07-11, 23:08
i am so sorry you are feeling this way. i was feeling a bit better with anxiety up until a couple days ago that i started vibrating (shaking) my whole body at night before bed. ever since then i feel one symptom after the next and it is driving me to drink. you are def not alone. i have yet to go get a check up because i am so scared they are going to tell me im dying. i hope you feel better

looking4answers
28-07-11, 00:38
I have had this quite awhile now and glad to see others posting about it as well,doesnt make me feel so crazy and alone.

voodoodave
16-11-11, 00:42
Hi all This is only a suggestion, but it 'could' be something called Ringxiety. "Two-thirds of cell phone users who rely on mobile phones for mood regulation and maintaining relationships reported hearing their phone ring or feeling it vibrate when it had not actually rung. The more frequently a person uses their phone, the more often they reported hearing a phantom ring" I read this on the website : http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070914165302.htm I have the sensation myself, sometimes feels like a batch of maggots crawling under my skin..

StarryBlueGal
06-06-13, 01:11
Hi I have the buzzing in the legs and feet. It is scary as sometimes it is very strong. It feels like it coming from the floor!!! I am fed up with this and wish I go back to normal, a month ago.... I was fine but I was feeling lost because I have no job and nothing going on in my life. Strange it happened a month ago.... having 3 main symptoms which are tinnitus, vibrations and heart palps.

Starry xx

Gee
06-06-13, 11:29
I get it in my feet :( sooooo annoying!!!

ItchyOne
18-06-13, 03:07
It's been long since I made a post... as I'm typing this, I can feel a light buzzing vibration intermittently in my left thigh, as if a cellphone is stuck inside. It comes on for a second then off. Then it goes on and on intermittently. It's been like this all morning. It's a mild irritant but I can still feel it even when I'm not focusing on it.
I don't think it's caused by anxiety as I've been anxiety-free for some months now. It's not phantom as I can really feel it there. I read that it could be a pinched nerve... hoping that it'll go away soon. :weep:

StarryBlueGal
18-06-13, 15:35
Look up on the internet... lots of people have this - I don't think it is caused by anxiety... I haven't had anxiety for a while now. I have vibrations in my body and tinnitus and buzzing feelings too. It is horrible, and heart palps too.

ItchyOne
19-06-13, 03:45
Just checked the internet and you're right. Usually, I try not to google on symptoms. It's amazing to see so many people having the same problem so I suppose I'm not as worried now. But I did go and see a general practitioner this morning who immediately referred me to a neurologist. I've booked the appointment with the neurologist for tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys updated on the outcome.