PDA

View Full Version : fear of flying

loz
13-07-09, 20:29
Only 2 weeks until i fly to Tenerife with my boyfriend

I'm so scared, its unreal.

Ever since its been booked, i kept having a bad stomach, now its getting closer and i just feel sick to my stomach.

I'd rather die than have the feeling i get from when im at the airport to when ive landed.

Ive got some diazepam 5mg, i intended to take 1 tab while waiting to board (even the talk of boarding makes my stomach turn) with a pint of magners. the one before we take off (blerrkk).
Ive got about 8 tablets left, but im worried they wont be enough, so im getting another 20 so i know i wont run out. But now im panicking that when i get a prescription, the pharmacy wont have them in stock

arghhhh, im so sick of this.

is anyone else the same?????

nomorepanic
13-07-09, 21:31
Try this site - very good..

http://www.flyingwithoutfear.com/

I don't fly anymore as I decided the stress of it all was not worth it at the end of the day as I get too claustrophobic.

lollypop75
13-07-09, 22:21
I've just got back off holiday and my last flight was awful and I had a real panic where I started getting really shaky and feeling like I couldn't breath ...

BUT ... I have just got back from holiday yesterday and I was FINE!!! And no alcohol was consumed (as it was an early morning flight!!)

I know that it is much easier said than done as I start to worry about flying from when the tickets are booked and always tell people that my holiday doesn't start until I have landed at my destination and I worry about not being able to sit next to my boyfriend, if there is turbulance or anything else bad that can happen but what you need to do is just think about absolutely anything else nice and happy that you can. Order a drink on board, take LOADS of magazines/books, chat away to your boyfriend the whole flight to take your mind off it, pre-book your seats so you don't have that worry.

I was just fine coming back yesterday and amazed myself, I've felt VERY stressed and dizzy today so am wondering if that was all inside me but I didn't let it get the better of me yesterday!! Just make sure you are aware of your breathing and take a big intake of breath and sort of sigh ... it sounds strange but it does seem to help me :*)

Most of all, have a wonderful holiday!!!

Lou x

clarebear
14-07-09, 09:46
Hi I rad this post and thought of myself,I am a very nervous flyer and take diazepan before hand.I also fly in a few weeks and am having alot of anxiety about it (am seeing doctor later about anything else I can do in the weeks leading up to it).I must admit,each year I am the same and each year I end up ok when up there.Am sure you will be fine,and you have enough tablets,also chemist will am sure have plenty of them as not an unusual item.Good luck and enjoy your hols.:hugs:

loz
14-07-09, 12:54
thanks very much for your replies!
its horrible how wound up i make myself.

i honestly can't wait for the holiday, so until the day comes, im gunna try and forget about the plane!!

hope you have a good trip aswell Clare
xx

14-07-09, 19:08
may I ask what you are scared of happening?

loz
14-07-09, 21:16
i dont know what im scared of.
i have claustrophobia, and its definately not the fact its an enclosed space.
its not terrorism, or the turbulence or anything like that.

I just completely hate the feeling i have when im sat there, waiting for the plane to drop.
I think thats what im scared of? The horrible feeling that i'd rather die than feel how i do on it...