PDA

View Full Version : scared of touch

leo05
16-09-05, 16:25
hi i know this will prob sound stupid ok
but i am petrified of touch as if anyone trys to touch me or even give me simple hug yeah i freak out and panic bout them hurtin me even though i know it wont if that makes any sense

is any one else like this or is it just me?
plz help all you can [8D]

Sax
16-09-05, 16:57
Hey Leanne,

Firstly I am afraid I cannot directly relate to this however I just wanted to say please do not say it sounds stupid - if you feel it, it is real to you (if that makes sense!) therefore it is not stupid. Real feelings create real problems and if you feel panicy about people touching please don't think you 'shouldn't' be feeling that. Its just something which obviously bothers you and you need to learn to overcome if you wish to!

Is it a lack of self confidence leanne or do you always feel if someone touches you they will really physically hurt you - ie. is there anyone who you don't feel this with?

Sorry I can't give any advice Leanne, just offering an ear and support ok!

Take care

Sax xx[8D]

Barb
16-09-05, 17:19
Hi Lea

I cant relate to this myself, but I had a friend who didnt like being touched as thats how she was brought up, also when I first met my sons gilfriend and gave her a hug she went rigid and pulled away and thats was because she had had a tough upbringing and didnt really trust people ( but she hugs me now ) when you learn to trust people more you will find it easier

Luv Barb xxxxxx

Karen
16-09-05, 20:17
Hi Leanne

You are not stupid at all and you are not alone in this. I also feel extremely uncomfortable and freak out when being touched or hugged but only by men. It is so severe that I go to great lengths to avoid it and if a man gets too close or within my personal space I quite often experience a panic attack.

There is nothing to feel stupid about Leanne because this is a very real fear to you.

Do you feel like this with everyone?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nauseax
16-09-05, 20:33
HEY LEO, i dont think that sounds stupid at all. why does everyone think their feelings r stupid??
But neways, i can relate to that feeling.Also i am like a ' germafobic' now. i dont like using public bathrooms...[Sigh...]

nauseax
16-09-05, 20:40
oh and i heard hugs are good for ur health![Yes!]:)

seh1980
16-09-05, 20:41
This is quite common - nothing to be ashamed of!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

leo05
17-09-05, 17:13
thanks karen and answer to question is yes is this ok?

thanks all just to talk bout it helps