PDA

View Full Version : diazipam

george08
13-07-09, 20:56
Was wondering if any one is taking medication every time that i mention my anxiety to the doctor he offers to priscribe diazipam as a short term release be i all ways refused as heard that it is addictive has any one been prescribe this and does it work?

jannnne
13-07-09, 21:11
Yes I have George and it is fantastic for me, I have about 28 tablets a year...which is nothing really but when my anxiety is back it gives me a real restbite from it and I can gather myself to tackle it head on... I just keep it for when I am very back and cannot function properly the it helps me get myself together I normally do 3 x a day for 2 days then 2 tablets then one at night for a couple of nights then thats it normally much better... dont be scared just be sensible. good luck sweetie...xx

Vanilla Sky
13-07-09, 21:18
Diazapam is only used short term so you would not become addicted to it. I was given 2mg of diazapam to be taken twice a day for about two weeks and i can tell you that it did help, it takes the edge of anxiety. It gives you a "break" from it for a while, this gives you a chance to take a breather and it helps you relax and sleep. It is only a tempoary measure, i found after a few days i felt better and only took it then when i needed it. So the 2wks tablets i had actually lasted me about a month, ( i kept 2 for emergencys and still have them , they might be out of date now lol ) It may be all you need , you may find your better after > But if you feel you can do it without any meds , then ask for some counselling or CBT to help you through. You won't become addicted, your doctor will not give you enough for that don't worry . Good luck with whatever you do x

george08
14-07-09, 10:12
thank you for this i may take him up on this offer as could do with some relief right now! i am recieving cbt and it is helping i have had 10 sessions they were about to end but at my last visit to the doctor he agreed i can carry on going so that is a bit of a relief!

fingy
14-07-09, 11:05
I too have diazapam. 2mg 3 times a day, i dont take them every day. but sometimes like yesterday in the supermarket a trigger. but was glad i gad them in thinkm im addicted but they still help.

valleybear
14-07-09, 11:17
My diazapam are really for times when my panic level is very high and I cannot function well. I have 2mg and only get prescribed about 12 at a time, but they really work for me and knowing that they are there if required helps a lot. Years ago I was on 5mgm three times a day for a year or more and I had a hard time getting off these, but a low dose for a short period is, I believe ,fine. Good luck.

sunndyd
14-07-09, 11:27
I too have diazapam. 2mg 3 times a day, i dont take them every day. but sometimes like yesterday in the supermarket a trigger. but was glad i gad them in thinkm im addicted but they still help.

i was told by my dr and nurses the dose i am 2mg is hard to get addicted from i am on my 3rd packet now which is more the 2weeks ihave been on them about month now i think but i mainly take mine to help me sleep:)