PDA

View Full Version : Swollen gland in collar bone

Lissy43
13-07-09, 23:14
Im on holiday and was bitten by a mozy tday on chest.i was rubin cream on it 2nite and noticd a raisd gland just above the bite by collar bone. Ip is pea size, huby is sayin it b frm the bite but im bit worrid coz i once read they swell there with lymphona. Surely they can swell in collarbone and not be serious?am i bein daft? x

Kraggy
14-07-09, 00:26
It is most likely from the bite yes, And since it is pretty smile it probably is not very much to worry about. However lymph nodes in that area should allways be checked out, since they also drain the upper intestines. but since its so small, and you have the bite near it. It will probably be the bite indeed.

kind regards,

Kraggy

:bighug1:

Lissy43
14-07-09, 00:53
Thanks, although im absolutly worried sick now. i wont b able to see my gp for about a week.

Lissy43
14-07-09, 09:28
Can anyone else help?am worryin wot it can mean.

valleybear
14-07-09, 11:53
Almost certainly from the bite as the body fights any little infection by rallying forces to defend the system. I suspect you will have it checked out when you get home..just to put your mind at ease...may well be gone by then.XX

Lissy43
14-07-09, 15:56
Thank u. I cant get to see my gp until 27th. i guess it gives it time to go down. i was very worried what it could mean after last nights reply.