PDA

View Full Version : Worried

brighthair
14-07-09, 00:40
had a bad panic attack this am. I started with them in March last year. I'm waiting for CBT but the list is 18 months as the moment, so I've had 2 counselling sessions through occy health who seem to think it is GAD not panic attacks?
I'm on 30mg propranolol which helps but not totally. Been to the GP this am who wants me to start on 10mg Citalopram and has signed me off work for 2 weeks whilst I go through the side effects
I'm worried as I'm on other meds too - he told me to stay on the beta blockers, but I'm also on 20mg ceterizine, 5m levoceterizine and 180mg fexofendadine :unsure:
GP just said, oh it should be fine, but is it worth checking with the pharmacist too? The last 2 meds I listed I'ver only been on for 2 weeks, no side effects except disturbed sleep but I'm worried about interaction? and also how bad the side effects of citalopram will be - I was on them 8 years ago but can't remember what they were like, and I didn't have anxiety issues at the time

sunshinelollies
14-07-09, 19:27
Hello there,

I am new to No more Panic - but am so desperate myself that I decided to join. I am on Citalopram too 40 mgs - quite a high dosage and must say that in my exprience the side affects were no worse than any other AD - and better for me than fluoxetine. unfortunately it's just a storm you have to ride intially but it does get better after 4 or 5 weeks. Avery anti depressent is different though and you could have very little reactions at all and find citalopram really works for you. Try not to worry as this will only worsen whatever reaction you have. Follow your doctor's advice for now, use the 2 weeks to take it easy and look after yourself. See how you go from there.

good luck bright hair.

sunshine xxx