PDA

View Full Version : I painted my room and it triggered a horrid panic attack

lostdaydreaming
14-07-09, 02:21
i have lived in my townhouse over 3 years and my room has been set up the same since i moved it. i dont adjust well to sudden change as i found out yesterday. im wondering if this is just me. my walls where white, and i decided i wanted to paint my room red with black trim, so i did. and my bed and everything was all moved around and all the sudden i got that sureal/dram like feeling and felt like my body temp was over 100 i start running to the rest oom getting sick. my room is my safe place and cause it didnt look like my room i was laying on my floor in my typical calm down spot and everytime i would look around it would come back.

i am a little better today still adjusting. i have one white wall left, im scared to paint it. i love the way it looks but im scared i wont feel safe here. am i crazy? or does anyone else have trouble with lil stuff like this?:unsure:

14-07-09, 02:58
painting the room had nothing to do with having a panic attack...you reacted to the "sureal/dram" feeling that you had...but in truth, that feeling was just a bodily sensation of some sort (any sensation you feel in your body is natural btw), nothing "sureal" or "dram", just a feeling, and you judged it as something negative, and thus started the chain...next time you feel this feeling, just label it as "bodily sensation", and move on...

nothing to worry about...trust