PDA

View Full Version : Anybody?

helen__w
16-09-05, 21:11
Hi

I have had REALLY bad chest pain these last couplpe of days and I am having pain in my left arm. I went to the docs on Wednesday and she listenend to my heart and said it was fine and took my blood pressure which was fine, but the pain has been getting much worse in my arm and my chest.

I am debating whether to ring the out of hours docs but dont know whether I should, can anybody help

Thanks

Helen x

seh1980
16-09-05, 21:16
hi Helen,

I have had this as well in the past and thought that something was seriously wrong but it really is just anxiety. Do you have a good relaxation CD that you can do? That always helped me with those pains..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

eeyorelover
16-09-05, 21:58
I've had that too. Sarah is right - you need to relax somehow. I know it is easier said than done but maybe if you take a warm bath it would relax the muscles some.
Hope you feel better real soon !!!!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

carlin
16-09-05, 21:59
Hi Helen,
So sorry you are feeling so rough right now, i too, have had (and still do have) these symptoms, i honestly believe they are due to anxiety, although i have taken a lot of convincing, please try to be re-assured by your doctor, if he/she thought there were the slightest problem, they would have acted upon it. Easier said than done, i know, but if possible watch some tv or listen to some music or whatever you enjoy, you will be fine, it is so exhausting all this anxiety!!! take care and keep in touch

trac67
16-09-05, 22:38
Hi Helen,
The symptoms you are getting are anxiety related, and because you are worrying about them, it makes them worse. Try to take your mind off of it hun, by doing something that will occupy your mind, you will find that once you do that, they will ease off.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

vernon
16-09-05, 22:43
hi Helen if you are realy worried ask your doctor for a ecg, I asked my doctor and they have a portable one in the surgey, the nurse done it and only took a few minutes. Even if they dont have one it takes no time at all at the hospital to have one just to put your mind at rest, take care. Vernon

clickaway
16-09-05, 23:09
Helen,

I have had minor chest pains and off, but I called the weekend doctor a few months back with really painful arms.

As it happened, my call got lost and had to wait most of the day before I could see a doctor.

And after all that waiting and agonising, she said I was fine. She said my BP was that of a healthy 15 year old (I'm 51 lol), yet I felt it was sky high.

The tricks anxiety plays on us...

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Trev
17-09-05, 00:06
Hi Helen,

been in the exact same position as you are now.
Can you find something that relaxes you and takes your mind off it even if it's only for a little while??
I feel for you as I was in this position not so long ago and I know it's damn hard, but try and get as relaxed as you can and maybe some extra sleep if poss??
Exercise will help as well in the long run.

Remember, you will be ok.

Trev

helen__w
17-09-05, 03:22
Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. I managed not to ring the docs. I played a game of monopoly and had a bath. My arm and chest still hurt but I am trying my best to ignore it! Although it is keepin me awake!

Anyway just want to say thanks for your words of support

Helen x

Meg
17-09-05, 10:31
Stretches Helen wil release those specific muscles. Hope you're feeling better today.

Hows the food ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Cinders4
17-09-05, 19:12
Hi, Helen, despite how worrying it is...look how many of us have the same thing.... The stretching is good and so is very long breaths out. Try some distraction techniques, it does help, even if it doesnt always feel so immedeately.

How are you today?

xxxx