PDA

View Full Version : Help! Not sure if I'm panicking or not

bellabum
14-07-09, 11:00
I really hope some one can help me - and quickly, if possible.
My cipralex has been upped and I ahve low dose diazepam for when panic attacks get really bad.

Thing is, about 30 minutes ago I banged myself in the throat with a garden cane while gardening. my throat is a bit red, but I can swallow and it didn't break the skin. Now I'm terrified that I've damaged my wind-pipe and am going to die. I'm having chest pains, feeling of surreality, feeling like I'm going to pass out and the skin on my neck is prickling.

Help! Am i having a panic attack or have I really hurt myself!

Thanks

Veronica H
14-07-09, 11:09
:bighug1: No you have not really hurt yourself as you would know by now, but you have paniced yourself a bit. This is natural because your body is responding to a threat. Relax somewhere for a bit and try to distract yourself. Maybe you could go into the chat room. This will pass soon.

Veronica

bellabum
14-07-09, 11:34
Thanks Veronica - I think I already knew that, but was in such a state at the time that I needed some reassurance - silly, isn't it?

Am now sipping a cup of camomile and honey tea and getting on with some work to distract me.

Thanks again.

valleybear
14-07-09, 11:40
You are having an anxiety attack and believe me you have not damaged you wind pipe. As Veronica says try to relax and give yourself a chance to calm down...other than that if it gets too bad why not try a low dose of the prescribed Valium.XXX