PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

tranzgression
17-09-05, 00:57
My awkward introduction...

My Name is Taryn. I'm from San Diego, California. I have been dealing with severe anxiety for a few years now. I had been seeing shrinks since I was a kid for depression and anxiety. I was hard-core addicted to tranquilizers for years due to anxiety and over-medication by my doctors.

I'm drug free now, but still dealing with anxiety daily including sometimes daily panic attacks. I don't really know how to catagorize my anxiety as its a combination of social, health, OCD, and general anxiety.

My life is also filled with alot of stress inducing situations oftentimes and I commonly find myself emotionally overwhelmed. This may sound strange, but I am a transsexual adjusting to living a new life so this I'm sure that is also contributing to my dialy anxiety. Although in many ways I may be very different. It sounds that my symptoms and side effects of anxiety are very similar to what I have read here.

This month is especially very stressful as I'm having cosmetic surgery in a weeks time. Added to this is the fact that this surgury will be televised. So Im worried about the filming, and the surgery. I'm terrified of surgery to be honest. I am SO afraid of being 'put under'. But I know it will help me in the long run and I am confident it will help with my social anxiety, so I'm trying to deal. (although not very well yet)

Anyway, thats a little bit about me. If you want to contact me my email is tranzgression@yahoo.com.

-Taryn

Karen
17-09-05, 06:49
Hi Taryn

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
17-09-05, 10:04
Hello Taryn

Welcome

It certainly is a tough time for you but also a time of great release and final realization of reaching what you've been aiming for after a long journey.

Its not surprising at all that you are mega stressed and your symptoms are reflecting that and I'm sure that as you grow into yourself these will ease.

I hope you have a supportive network around you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
17-09-05, 10:06
Hi Trayn

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

pinkscrumpy
17-09-05, 10:36
Hiya Taryn

A big warm welcome to you. [^]

Love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

trac67
17-09-05, 10:49
Hi Taryn,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

seh1980
17-09-05, 11:07
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Barb
17-09-05, 11:53
Welcome Taryn

You have come to the right place for lots of help and support
Good luck with the surgery hope everything goes really well for you

Barb xxxx

desperate
17-09-05, 14:56
Hi Taryn

Good luck for the surgery!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Elaine1
17-09-05, 17:45
Hi Taryn

A big welcome to the site.

Hope you find some real friends and support.

all the best

Elaine

tranzgression
18-09-05, 20:51
Thank you for such a warm welcome everyone ;)

april tones
18-09-05, 21:15
hi taryn. its not surprising yur anxous, from what you have gone thru and having cosmetic surgery1 id love my boobs done if i can afford it, haha, welcome! xx

apriltones

Cinders4
19-09-05, 15:00
Wow!!!! I admire you for what you have been through and the situations you still have to endeavour.

However like you say your reasons for suffering may be different to most of us, but the way you suffer is not.

You will get the same support as anyone else on this site, we are all very friendly and most importantly we care......

PM me if you want to at any time x