PDA

View Full Version : Exercise has brought back palps. Why??

mabelina
14-07-09, 13:35
Ive been doing fantastic with my palps, maybe getting one or two a week and its been like this for months now. Recently though i joined the gym and started doing gentle exercise (dont like strenuous exercise due to not liking my heart rate increase) and since then, my palps have returned. I dont get them during exercise just off and on through the day and night. This is now making me want to stop going. :weep:

melody
14-07-09, 15:01
Do u expect exercise not to bring your heart rate up???

Getting fit again is meant to get your heart rate up again.

mabelina
14-07-09, 17:33
Of course exercise brings your heart rate up, i wasnt posting about that. I was asking why have my palps returned since i started exercising e.g. skipped beats, flutters, flip flop etc etc.

sb001f8994
14-07-09, 17:39
Hi Mabelina,
Perhaps you are anticipating the papls now when you exercise? I find I do this all the time and the anxiety inevitably brings them on. Sometimes when I exercise I can get them but its mainly after when my heart rate goes down. And without being rude it happens occasionally with sex.
You are not alone with these dreaded palps.
Take care
Carol x

Marginalia
29-07-09, 23:06
Hi Mabelina,
Sometimes when I exercise I can get them but its mainly after when my heart rate goes down. And without being rude it happens occasionally with sex.

Same here. (for both)

I was worried about this when I started going to the gym, but I decided it was something I had to get through (after all, the doc said better cardiovascular capacity would reduce the palpitations in the long run). So I kept going and it doesn't happen any more (as far as I remember it only happened the first couple of times).

Min