PDA

View Full Version : Really Scary Episode Last Night

ro44
14-07-09, 14:50
Last night I was just walking into my bedroom when I felt a wave of (not really dizziness, hard to explain) I kind of felt like I was swaying for a second and then my legs felt so strange. They felt really, really HEAVY like I couldn't even hardly move them. I happened to be right by the bed so I just laid down for 10 minutes or so. My heart started racing and skipping because I was scared. It then calmed down and I got up and went and took my bath and went to bed. This morning I am feeling okay so far. I had been to a social event that evening and was a little uptight, but not real bad. I had taken a .25 xanax that evening and wondered if it was a side effect. However, I remember having this same feeling about 9 months ago in the grocery store and I had not taken a xanax that day. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever had this. I know that "jelly legs" is a symptom of anxiety but this didn't feel like that. They felt really heavy and when I tried to move at all I felt so strange in my head. It was really scary.

Anyone relate?

ro44
14-07-09, 15:28
Okay, now I'm really worried since no one can relate. I hope it's not something like MS. I have a lot of tightness and stiffness in my neck, shoulders and back muscles. I wonder if that has anyone thing to do with it.

claire1980
14-07-09, 15:35
Don't worry I get this every couple of months or so the doctors told me its all related to my anxiety. Hope this helps:D

ro44
14-07-09, 15:37
Claire,

I'm glad to know someone has experienced this. Could you describe your "episode" to me. I guess in the back of my mind I'm afraid it's not the same.

Thanks,

Ro

claire1980
14-07-09, 15:50
The last time it happened was about a month ago, I was simply standing at the kitchen sink doing the dishes when my head suddenly felt really sort of light headed or fuzzy kind of feeling, I had to grab hold of the sink for support as I thought I was going to faint. My legs also felt like they were really heavy too. It only lasted for a few seconds or so and afterwards I felt completely normal. I have been experiencing this symptom for about 10 years and as I have suffered with anxiety for the same length of time it makes sense that it def is my anxiety. If it was anything serious then surely I would know about it by now.:yesyes:

mandie
14-07-09, 16:09
Hi

I get this to. How Claire described it, is exactly wot happens to me.

I have it on and off for about 5 years, same amount of time iv had the anxiety.

It does still scare me sometimes though

mandie x

ro44
14-07-09, 17:16
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the input. It was such a scary feeling. I really wish I knew how anxiety could make you feel this way. I almost felt as if I couldn't even move.

claire1980
14-07-09, 17:31
This flamin anxiety really does pee me off at times. I have recently started an anxiety management group that my GP referred me to and it is really helping me understand that anxiety can be responsible for a massive range of symptoms. I would recommend this type of therapy to anybody that suffers with anxiety as it has so far helped me greatly.