PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for this site!

flithm
17-09-05, 01:47
Hi everyone,

I was really close to spending money on some lame quick fix solution when I thought twice about it and ended up here.

I feel better already just having found this place. Thank you so much!

I've had anxiety issues twice in my life now. The first time I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder by a doctor and prescribed Paxil (after a 5 minute talk) -- which I decided against taking.

I managed to return to a completely normal state the first time -- after several months, but a few irrational thoughts have lingered. I guess it's time to deal with them.

Also interesting is that both times the anxiety came on after a night of drinking.

And like a few others I was once a heavy user of ecstasy. I can't help but wonder if it's related, but something tells me it's not right to totally blame the drugs.

In both instances, including the current one, immense stress and change are forefront in my life.

Anyway... I just wanted to say thanks and share my story a bit. I have a lot more hope because of this site.

Karen
17-09-05, 06:52
Hi Flithm

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) to help you get started.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
17-09-05, 10:00
Hello Flithm,

Well done for getting over it last time. You will be able to do that again.

Alcohol certainly can play a big part

alcohol and panic-do they mix? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2409)
Alcohol (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4783)
Anxiety and alcohol (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5142)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
17-09-05, 10:01
Hi Flithm

WELCOME TO THE SITE
There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

pinkscrumpy
17-09-05, 10:38
Hi Flithm

A big welcome to you

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

trac67
17-09-05, 10:46
Hi Flithm,
Welcome to the forum,you will get a lot of good advice and make a lot of friends here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

seh1980
17-09-05, 11:07
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

clickaway
17-09-05, 12:00
Glad to see you here Flithm,

Of course you can overcome this.

You are now on the right road.

Ray

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Elaine1
17-09-05, 13:52
Hi Flithm

A big welcome - fantastic site where you can be honest and get some sound advice from people in similar positions.

Take care

Elaine

flithm
17-09-05, 17:45
Thanks so much for the replies everyone. It's really nice to know there's support, and people who have gone / are going through the same thing.

Also thanks for the helpful links. I'm definitely going to avoid alcohol until I get the anxiety under wraps (I don't really like drinking that much anyway). And in my readings here I've picked up on a few other things. I'm definitely going to start taking vitamin B -- I should look for a 50-100mg vitamin B complex right (no time release)?

I'm also going to look into a GI diet as suggested by some posts on the forum here. Funny enough the first time I went through all this anxiety stuff I really latched onto controlling my diet, but in an unhealthy way. I even found my way to the GI index, but I was sort of looking at it as a "cure all" -- it couldn't be my mind that's making this physical state -- it must be food! Of course I was disappointed when that didn't magically fix me.

I ended up becoming afraid of food! Which is absolutely horrible since eating is so good! I still am to a degree but I am tyring to tell myself it's just irrational fears, not to give into them, and to try to tell myself positive things like "It's going to be okay eventually, just keep going, it's just anxiety talking..." stuff like that.

So I'm curious, does anyone have any really good links for GI diets, recipes, etc.

I noticed Meg posted a link to a book called "Food and Mood": http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007114230/qid%3D1126973810/702-1637776-4622440

Although it gets a bad review on Amazon (only 1 review)... anyone here bought it or found any other good cookbooks?

Thanks again I appreciate all the kind and welcoming responses.

Meg
17-09-05, 17:51
Oh the site was just for explanation. The book we use most is Rick Gallop . The GI diet . Didn't know you were looking to buy a book.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Cinders4
19-09-05, 15:03
welcome xx and here here!!!!!!! thank you everyone xxxx