PDA

View Full Version : New member... hello!

Ruby86
14-07-09, 21:51
Hi guys,
I mostly want to say thank you so much for this site :)
As I'm now begining to understand, I am suffering from health anxiety that has been getting slowly worse and worse over the last year or two... I have diagnosed myself with just about every disease under the sun, become more and more dependant on constant reassurance from my partner, and just been panicky and unable to sleep for months now, convinced that my death is imminent!
Things got really bad last night when I convinced myself that what was clearly a heat rash and a hangover was meningitis, had my first proper panic attack (I thought I was dying) and didn't sleep at all. I found this site today while googling pins and needles in my arms and reading through the health anxiety forum made me cry and laugh at loud.. some of the posts feel like I wrote them myself! I honestly didn't know anyone felt the same, I've never really spoken to anyone about it, and it's already helped me enormously to read about everyone's experiences. Have been having alot of muscle spasms and pins and needles and am nearly conivinced now that it's not swine flu/ms! And i'm resolving never to google symptoms again! So thankyou so much, this has helped alot already :D xxxx

bottleblond
14-07-09, 22:25
Hi Ruby

Welcome along to NMP!! :flowers:

Health anxiety is absolutely horrible hun. We could have something as simple as a tension headache but our mind will tell us it is a brain tumour, so on and so on.

It really is a case of trying to reason with our health fears and seeing things as they are rather than what our mind is telling us we have.

I am so glad you found us and it's lovely to meet you
Kind regards
Lisa
xx

debs180
14-07-09, 22:56
hi ruby. i can totally relate to what you have said!! i blow all my feelings out of proportion and end up having panic attacks. the whole health anxiety thing is just horrible to live with. im glad you found this site has helped you already, just as it did for me. take care, debs. xxx

Veronica H
15-07-09, 09:19
:welcome: to NMP Ruby. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

ZoJo
15-07-09, 10:19
Hi Ruby,

I too am a new member, with a good few years of health anxiety. So I a can totally relate to swine flu, ms, pending doom and anything else that googling every symptom comes up with.
This is a brilliant site and it helps me whenever I need some support, I have only just recently had the nerve to join (and reply to a post!)
Take care

Zoe xx

Ruby86
18-07-09, 23:06
Thanks so much guys :)
Felt loads better until today, when I became convinced my sore throat may be cancer... am laughing at myself now :)
Just looked through a list of anxiety symptoms someone posted on here and everything i've been feeling over the last six months is on it...
You are all fantastic xxx