PDA

View Full Version : Which Claire Weekes book would you recommend?

tygwyn
17-09-05, 09:44
After reading through this site I've found that Claire Weekes seems to be the woman to read! I just wondered which book any of you could recommend please?

Thanks in advance!

Meg
17-09-05, 10:29
If you look on our reading page there are some links - but you can't go wrong with any of hers really

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tygwyn
17-09-05, 10:46
Thanks Meg!

Barb
17-09-05, 12:01
Hi Tygwyn

My favourite is Peace from nervous suffering it covers everything and I used to take it everywhere with me, but like Meg says they are all good

Barb xxx

mico
17-09-05, 13:08
Self Help for your Nerves is good. But you can also get Essential Help for your nerves which is two books rolled into one; More help for your Nerves, and Peace from Nervous Suffering (I think).

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

tygwyn
17-09-05, 19:56
Thanks ever so much everyone! I went to the Library and got Self Help for your Nerves and I have to agree with you - it is fantastic! It really shows you how to break that viscious cycle doesn't it?!!! I'm feeling very positive now so watch this space!!!!

Thanks again and good luck to you all

mico
18-09-05, 14:38
Yeah, I think Claire Weekes has a great grasp on anxiety. I don't know if she ever suffered herself, but her understanding is very much on par with someone who has experienced it.

Good luck tygwyn

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

pips
18-09-05, 18:38
Glad its helping yes she is excellent!

Good luck

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

seh1980
18-09-05, 19:06
Glad it's helping you!! I still haven't read any of them - keep saying I will..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

tygwyn
19-09-05, 10:45
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Glad it's helping you!! I still haven't read any of them - keep saying I will..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

<div align="right">Originally posted by seh1980 - 18 September 2005 : 19:06:55</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Oh I would strongly recommend that you read one of her books. Its like shes talking to you directly. I keep thinking 'I must ask Claire what she thinks of that'!!!! Oh my god maybe I'm going mad now!! lol

Cinders4
19-09-05, 14:38
think i'll try these myself x thanks

desperate
19-09-05, 19:27
Don't think you are going mad lol!

I'm inspired to read on now too!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Cinders4
20-09-05, 14:52
just ordered essential help for your nerves from amazon....will let you know what I think..

Elaine1
21-09-05, 08:28
A bit like tygwyn, Claire Weekes seems to be the lady to read, so I'm off to the library today, if that fails, bookshop, then amazon!

Thanks for that pointer!

Elaine

tygwyn
21-09-05, 09:01
Good luck Cinders & Elaine! You won't regret it I can guarantee you! I've ordered Essential Help for you Nerves from WHSmiths and just waiting for delivery now!

Can't wait to read it!

tygwyn
21-09-05, 11:56
I've just picked up my copy of Essential Help for your Nerves and once again she is right on the button! Every time I read any of her words I believe I am cured! She has an amazing ability for understanding this condition and what is required for full recovery. Brilliant!

Let us know what you think of the books Cinders and Elaine!

Piglet
21-09-05, 12:04
I've got 'Self help for your nerves' and it is very dog-eared now from all the reading it gets.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

desperate
21-09-05, 12:58
Have decided to look for this in my library this week!

tygwyn
21-09-05, 14:43
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Have decided to look for this in my library this week!

<div align="right">Originally posted by desperate - 21 September 2005 : 12:58:24</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Good idea! I really don't think you'll regret it. Mine will be my bible for the near future. I have a read of it every day and it puts me back on track. The entire basis of the book is to accept the symptoms. As soon as you accept them, the fear will diminish and finally the symptoms will stop! Obviously its a bit more scientific than that but have a read. You'll never look back!