PDA

View Full Version : Feeling low

Robbo31
17-09-05, 09:49
Hi all i am starting my sixth week on citalopram today , but apart from stoping my panic attacks my anxiety doesnt seem to have changed in anyway yet. I still wake in the morning with that horrible shacky feeling and a buzzing sensation in my arms and legs. Also my hands and feet never seem to stop sweating. From about 8am to 1pm aprox each day i get a lightheaded dizzy feeling. But strangely i feel almost ok at night. I had a good nights sleep last night but havent slept much all week. Yesterday i bought some vitamin c , omega3 and vitamin b complex as i have read on this site that it is good for anxiety, i guess that it is ok to use these in conjunction with my meds. I have three weeks left of my meds before i go back to the gp but i am worried that she may change them when maybe they may take a little longer to kick in for me. Has anybody else took this long without a visible improvement because if they have then i would like to continue with them rather than hastily change. I am still jogging and my tai chi class starts on thursday. I have tried telling myself positive thoughts and have a list which i read to myself , i think this works but i still worry too much that i am always going to be like this and i may lose my job , girlfriend etc.
I am just feeling low i guess.

Meg
17-09-05, 10:27
*but apart from stoping my panic attacks *

Thats a good start already.

*But strangely i feel almost ok at night.*

This is the normal pattern.

*vitamin c , omega3 and vitamin b complex as i have read on this site that it is good for anxiety, i guess that it is ok to use these in conjunction with my meds*

Yes fine

*I am just feeling low i guess.* Yes and thats normal too on occassions.

You are doing all the right things. Are you eating well in the mornings.

Its not a overnight cure so give yourself some space and time meanwhile.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Robbo31
17-09-05, 10:51
thanks meg. I am eating branflakes when i wake. At ten am i am eating a wholemeal sandwhich and bannana. And lunch at 12.30 more sandwhiches and fruit. I also drink 2 litres of water through the day. Do you think i should give it longer on this medication? i seem to have a good 5 or so days then a bad week. Its like a pattern.
Thanks robbo

Meg
17-09-05, 11:06
Could you face the banana on your branflakes. A bit more early on is better.

Yes , now you're here stick it out a bit longer.

See if you can pick out what triggers the bad week..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Robbo31
17-09-05, 11:15
Thanks again meg , yes i could have the bannana on my flakes and i will do so. I will write a diary so i can keep a check on things and i will give my meds more time.
thanks for the reassurances meg , i really appreciate it.
Robbo x

trac67
17-09-05, 11:31
Hi Robbo,
I am on citalopram, and they did the same with me, stopped my panic attacks, but the anxiety was still there, gradually though it eased off, positive thinking really helps with the anxiety too.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Robbo31
17-09-05, 12:07
Thanks Trac67 thats good to know , cheers.
what a great forum this is:)
Robbo x

seh1980
17-09-05, 14:58
Stick at it Robbo - it does take time but is worth it in the end :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

desperate
17-09-05, 16:12
Just to agree with the others, it does take time and a change in mental attitude to.

Good luck!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Cinders4
19-09-05, 14:34
yes stick with it, it all takes time Robbo x

BrandyS
19-09-05, 20:45
Robbo--

I think that it took a little bit longer than 6 weeks for the Lexapro to fully kick in for me. Want the bad news? It doesn't stop all of it---I think that the people that have given advice about changing your way of thinking have really said the right thing--don't think that there is a magic pill that can take it all away! (But dreaming of it is sure fun!)
Hang in there--
Brandy

Sue K with 5
20-09-05, 00:59
Hi

All the things you are doing are great, the vitamins the tai chi, all things that will help you, but I have learnt a saying over the last few months

"Elephants and small bites" DONT RUSH take things slowly and dont apply to much pressure on yourself, slowly you will recover and things will feel so much better.

High expecations can cause additional worry and can slow the process down.

Trust me I know, I have been doing that for four years and I got worse, until someone said those immortal words to me

Good luck and take care

sue with 5

scknight

Sarah-Jane
20-09-05, 02:30
onwards and upwards robbo ;) you are doing great keep up the good work hope your feeling better soon xxxx

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx