PDA

View Full Version : Feel I am a bit stuck

desperate
17-09-05, 16:17
My problem is that I am anxious...but then get anxious about things that might help!

For example, I was started on prozac...4 days into it I was a complete state, I work myself up sooooo much about it and retreat to bed etc. When i'm out i am convinced something is going to happen etc.

I went back to CMHT and they have suggested gammanil and also a drug from the benzo group for the initial stages, however, i am still so unsure about it all at the moment.

i dont know if i will ever get past the anxiety that swallowing a pill provokes for me to help my anxiety [:I]

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

seh1980
17-09-05, 20:19
I am the same. I'm so scared of taking any type of pill and it just makes me more anxious. I think quite a few of us on here are pill phobic. One piece of advice: Don't read the side-effect leaflet - this makes it SO much worse..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

desperate
17-09-05, 20:27
Hi Sarah,

I have managed not to Google these ones yet, am still debating it though!

seh1980
17-09-05, 20:50
DON'T DO IT!!!!! [No]

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

tammyg
17-09-05, 21:32
lol I have to agree with seh, it's the worst thing you could do! Take your time with your decision about the tablets and maybe get some more advice.

desperate
17-09-05, 22:31
thanks guys i will

florence
18-09-05, 10:07
Hi Desperate

Many of us worry or fear taking meds, worry about the possible side effects, etc..
Just give it a go for a few days and see how it goes...
Sarah 's advice is very wise, reading leaflets and google is not a good idea. It will make you worry even more and increase your anxiety. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :)

Let us know how you get on. ;)

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

desperate
18-09-05, 11:36
Hi flo,

I will try it for a week and see how i do, i hear this one is supposed to be faster acting and i think the benzo should calm me down too.

i just want to be able to live and not just exist at the moment.

was great talking to u last night btw!

desperate
18-09-05, 16:37
guess what!!!

my mum had printed stuff of the internet about it and left it in fully view.....so i had a read.

whoops.

trac67
18-09-05, 18:38
Hi Desperate,
Remember the side effects dont affect everyone, they have to be printed to cover the manufacturer, even things like paracetamol carry side effect warnings and we dont think twice about taking one if we have a headache. I am like Seh now i dont read the leaflets, then i cant stress about it lol.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

florence
18-09-05, 20:58
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi flo,

I will try it for a week and see how i do, i hear this one is supposed to be faster acting and i think the benzo should calm me down too.

i just want to be able to live and not just exist at the moment.

was great talking to u last night btw!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hiya Desp

Yeah benzos help tremendously when in crisis, when you really can't take it any more or feel on the edge all the time...But it's not wise to take them continuously over a long period of time.

I really hope you'll feel better in yourself soon.
Was nice to get to know you too. ;)

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

april tones
18-09-05, 21:44
hi i never used to be like it, i used to take mogs,tranqs like sweets off people, and illegal drugs. now i get scared! i did with my anti depressants this time round (04), i took but had side effects but settled down few days! im like it again now with my amyltriptiline, prescribed for sleep and pain relief, i have had for week but not took! xx

apriltones

Cinders4
19-09-05, 13:45
Hi desperate... sounds like your getting there...

April.... Amitriptaline is a very old and much tried and tested tablet... Im sure you will be fine, it was given to me in pregnancy as it was known to be the least likely to have side effects on my baby, so Id give it a go.

Not as effective on panic as some of the more modern drugs, but less side effects and very safe...

JO xx

desperate
19-09-05, 15:08
well collecting them all on friday....still not sure lol

Cinders4
20-09-05, 14:31
Good for you, just monitor how you feel, there not for life, just to help you through

desperate
22-09-05, 12:14
Well have collected them lol!

But not taken anything as yet.

I've got the anti-d lofepramine 70mg and also clonazepam 0.5mg.

Still haven't even tried the clonazepam.

Karen
22-09-05, 12:36
Hi Desperate

Collecting the prescription is a start. Well done for that.

Perhaps you could wait until the weekend and then start. I realise you are worried about the fit you had before and the possibility this might have been related to one of the meds. So you could aim to start at the weekend when your Mum and the rest of your family will be around to keep an eye on you. Maybe this will give you some reassurance.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

desperate
22-09-05, 14:35
Thanks Karen,

Yes I might, my brother is off to uni on sunday though so will be all on him whihc is fair enough and i don't want to spoil that.

Maybe that is just another excuse though!!

Sue K with 5
22-09-05, 15:14
hi desperate

It took my doctors 18 years to get me to take cipramil and then I thought I was dieing for the first 48 hours, the side effects were not physical just mental torture for me because I imagined all sorts happening to me.

I am so glad I took them though, even though I am still scared of other meds being on the anti d's it did eliviate the anxiety and I now can deal with taking medication better than ever

Dont give up

Keep going it will get better for you

sue with 5

scknight

desperate
22-09-05, 20:44
LOL Sue!!

I guess....still haven't tried them yet though!