PDA

View Full Version : I was so sure..

skate4life411
15-07-09, 18:40
A couple of months ago I came on here looking for some advice. I would have the weirdest pains and feelings and just couldnt seem to figure out what it was. I went to the doctors, got x rays, and it would always come back clear. I've finally figured out what is wrong with me.. After a harsh discussion with my doctor, and after telling him on numerous occasions about my problem, I finally got him to give me an EGK and a blood test. Results came back, and apparently I have a bacterial infection in my stomach, which causes ulcers. The side effects of this bacteria are heart burn, abdominal pain, feeling of tightness in the chest, fatigue, feeling of tiredness, unusual back or neck pains, jaw pains, build up of gas/gastric fluids in stomach, and sore/swollen legs or ankles. I started a combination therapy of three different types of pills, to try to get rid of the bacteria, but it has failed. I am going back to see my doctor tommorow, and I hope I can somehow lose this horrible infection. It sucks that I am 19 years old, and am already facing these problems.

skate4life411
15-07-09, 18:54
Does anyone else have these kinds of problems, I'm all ears for support:)

Wee-Mee
15-07-09, 18:59
I haven't had a bacterial infectionin my stomach love but I have suffered a while with a certain thing that ceases to completely go away.

Right now it is a tickly cough..was on predisolone about two weeks ago which helped but alas...it's back again.

I hope things start getting better for you. I'm only 22 years young and I definitely feel about 92 with all of this anxiety etc! xxxxx

Mudskipper
16-07-09, 09:50
Skate

Sounds like helicobactor pylori, well-known for causing stomach ulcers and making you feel generally crap. My Dad had it 30 years ago and felt pretty bad, but the drugs sorted him out and he's just turned 70. If your drug treatment hasn't worked, you either need a longer course or maybe different drugs? Things have probably changed a bit drug-wise in the past 30 years.

Hope you're feeling better soon.