PDA

View Full Version : PANIC FREE?

jay
09-01-04, 16:51
IVE BEEN PANIC FREE FOR A WHOLE WEEK NOW!
Just thought that id share that with everyone. Cause im so pleased!
Its not to say that i wont panic again. Im still only taking 1 day at a time. I think my tablets are working for me.
I still feel tired. And unsteady and feel sick sometimes. But im doing ok. Stilll worried about stuff. Work, Counselling, and all sorts of things... normal everyday things.
Anyway thats enough about me.
How do you all feel?
Jay

benoo5
09-01-04, 17:17
hi jay,

thats great news,ime really pleased for you...councelling,and medication together,does seem to work really well.

i hope your keeping a journal,its a good way to relax,and you can write down,your innermost thoughts,and feelings,your good times,and times when your not feeling so good..take little steps,as they lead to big steps..now,you can enjoy your weekend..best wishes..bryan.

diana
09-01-04, 17:34
Hiya Jay,

Glad to hear you are feeling well. I hope you only continue to progress in your fight against this disorder. What tablets does your doc have you on? How long have you been doing counseling and how long have you been on the tablets? keep posting to let us know how you are progressing. We love to hear of peoples succeesses, especially those of us who are still fighting the good fight. :)

Take care,

Diana

omh
09-01-04, 18:30
Thats wonderful news. Im really pleased for you ((cuddle))

sadie
09-01-04, 21:50
hi Jay,

It sounds like you are feeling a bit better then....how was the counselling? I bet it wasnt as scary as you thought it would be? Its great that this week has been a lot better for you...things can and will improve you, you have just believe that!!

Keep in touch and take care.

sadie

Buby
09-01-04, 23:27
thats really good jay.
i wish i could go that long without panicing.
im so pleased for you.
keep posting
from Ratchit aka rachel

swiftler
11-01-04, 14:32
i have also been panic free for sometime but the edgy feel is still there. The therapy has helped me.

I am currently on my xmas holidays from uni and over the period, i set myself challenges. I decided to confront several of my fears that have spun off from my emetophobia, eg large crowds, travelling etc.

My challenge was to travel 6hours from lancashire to kent in the back of my mates' car. Stay there for a few days, get the train to london to go shopping, catch the tube and then travel home on my own on the train. The most iportant thing was to fulfill all of my goals and not back out of any.

On the train home, i could have cried. I was so proud of myself for carrying out all of my goals. Although i had a friend with me most of the time, it wasnt easy and i still did it. There were high points and low points but the confidence i have gained is unmeasurable.

Jst got to continue with the therapy and hope i continue to improve.

Meg
11-01-04, 15:08
Ben , this is brilliant news.

Many congratulations on firstly setting yourself the challenges and secondly for doing so well...

Keep it up and you're sorted !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
11-01-04, 23:30
Hiya Ben,

I just wanted to welcome you aboard. I have`nt had the pleasure yet. Good news to you for coping so well, I know it must have been hard. Now you know you can do anything, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! Take care new friend. Keep up the grand work. Keep posting to let us know of anymore successful goals met.

Diana xxxx

swiftler
12-01-04, 00:52
why thankyou all...but there is a long way to go....many more challenges to be met...thanks everyone

Meg
12-01-04, 14:43
Ben ,

Please take the time to see and appreciate how far you've come before you look ahead at your future challenges .

See what you've learnt and how you can make the next ones easier for yourself .

Sincere congratulations on your journey thus far.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...