PDA

View Full Version : cant swallow, feel like im about to have a full panic attack.

andy123
16-07-09, 07:29
about a hour ago, i went to swallow some water and i felt like i couldnt, felt like i was choking on my tonge or something and now i have the feeling like something is stuck in my throat and i cant stop thinking about it, i feel like i have a lump in my throat too which i have had before but never like this, i am really trying to calm myself down, i even took some xanax but for some reason i keep getting more panicky. i guess the xanax hasnt kicked in yet, the back of my neck is also sore. i know it will eventually go away but im so sick of having panic attacks, i just want them to stop. i try and stay positive and everything but im at a loss. does anyone else ever expirience this feeling and have any advice?

andy123
16-07-09, 08:25
took 0.25 xanax and its not working so i guess i have to take another one because for the first time ever i cant calm myself down as much as i would like, now i feel like my neck and is so stiff its clenched up along with my jaw, the swallowing feeling in gon but now i am getting really irratated and scared. could someone answer me who also expiriences these sympotms so i can calm down, i feel alone and am scared, wtf no one can answer me?

jackie13
16-07-09, 08:48
Hi Andy

How are you feeling now? I am off to the docs shortly, but will be back in about an hour if you want a chat?

Jackie x

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 10:06
Hi Andy

I get the swallowing problem too.

All my posts about it are in the swallowing sub-forum so have a read in there.