PDA

View Full Version : Another New One!!

Mockingbird
18-09-05, 20:35
Hi all, another new one here. I think after extensive personal research I am a sufferer of GAD. My GP thinks it's anxiety attacks and has prescribed 20mg citalopram that have made ny anxiety somewhat worse at the moment. Is this usual?

rozza
18-09-05, 20:42
Hi there Mockingbird,

It is fairly normal to get side effects for the first couple of weeks of taking this sort of medication. If you read the info sheet that comes with the medication these side effects can include anxiety, depression, shaking, sweating and loads of other symptoms of anxiety (typical!) so I'd say that your anxiety may be worse due to them but it should improve as the meds kick in, you should feel a difference in 2 weeks after starting them and if you don't feel any better after 6 weeks go back to the GP as he may want to change them.

Hope this makes sense! Welcome to the site.

Roz x

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

jill
18-09-05, 20:47
Hi Mockingbird,

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people her who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear somthing,
learn as much about it as you can,
Knowledge conquers fear.

Mockingbird
18-09-05, 20:58
Thank you both. I've just had a look round the site and there seems lots of good advice and help available - i think i'll be here uite often as close family & friends, although sympathetic, don't really understand what it feels like.

Meg
18-09-05, 21:03
Welcome Mockingbird

Yes its entirely normal that you feel worse whilst you settle in on them. This will pass in a 2-3 weeks.

If you look down the medication catagory you will find lots of similar threads.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
18-09-05, 21:04
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

april tones
18-09-05, 21:07
hi, welcome! yes as everone else said, you will feel worse before you feel better but it is worth it xx

apriltones

pinkscrumpy
18-09-05, 21:38
Hi Mockingbird

A big warm welcome to you.

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

alexis
18-09-05, 21:52
Hi Mockingbird and welcome, like Meg says it would be worth reading other posts from fellow sufferers,Love Alexis,xx

Karen
19-09-05, 01:16
Hi Mockingbird

Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

michelleann
19-09-05, 11:09
hi mockingbird
welcome to the site:D
take care
michelle xxx

Claireabell
19-09-05, 11:27
Hi Mockingbird

Welcome to the site

Claire

pips
19-09-05, 12:27
Hi Mockingbird,

A BIG warm welcome to the site, I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

clickaway
19-09-05, 14:21
Great to have you on board, Mockingbird!

However well meaning they are, its pretty common for friends and family not to understand us. Come here often and you'll learn a lot and get great comfort from the people here.

As everyone says, be patient with the meds.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Cinders4
19-09-05, 14:41
hi, you will be over the worse in no time, but we are all here to support you in the meanwhile.... Welcome

JO
x

trac67
19-09-05, 14:42
Hi Mockingbird,
Welcome to the forum, I am on citalopram and they did increase my anxiety before they calmed it down, this is completly normal, but it will settle after a few weeks and you will feel so much better.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Cinders4
19-09-05, 14:51
Hi, glad you found this site, Im sure it will help you no end xx