PDA

View Full Version : Another swine flu thread

cassy1989
16-07-09, 10:32
Ok I wasn't worried about swine flu at first but more and more people are getting it so we may have to face the inevitable that alot of us on here with HA could get it.

My friend and her two little boys have had a very bad cold for about 3 weeks and she went to her doctor who told her he thinks its a minor case of swine flu. He didn't test her or anything and he didn't give her tamiflu, he gave her amoxicillin so I'm confused as to whether or not she does have it :wacko:
Anyway I haven't seen her for about 2 weeks so would I have started showing symptoms by now if I had come down with it? To be honest I am more worried for my son. I would rather I got it then him.
I do have the start of a cold though so panicking a little about that!

Also I wanted to ask you all do you think the strain of this flu is going to become alot worse come winter like they have said or do you think it may have all died down by then?

Would you have the swine flu vaccine? Would you trust a vaccine that didn't have years of use behind it? Plus apparently a swine flu vaccine killed some people that had it some years back.

titch
16-07-09, 12:26
Hello... just to say stop worrying...that wont make it any better, i have been told that i have mild symptoms of swine flu and been sent home from work...honestly it just feels like normal flu. what u gotta think about is it is going to get worse in the winter and if u get it now your body will be immune to it..you will be fine..xx:hugs: