PDA

View Full Version : fibromylagia

april tones
18-09-05, 22:55
hi, i have this condition, have been diagnosed after 2 years. any one else on here hav it too? xx

apriltones

alexis
19-09-05, 01:15
Hi, A friend of mine has this, it was a long time and a lot of tests later before she was diagnosed, Love Alexis,xx

april tones
19-09-05, 23:52
hi thanks for replyx x

apriltones

april tones
19-09-05, 23:55
hi thanks for replyx x

apriltones

mum2four
25-09-05, 12:23
My mum was finaly diagnoised with the condition over 5 years ago after going to Dr for year's and year with so many different symtom. She had a friend who was diagnoised with it and while talking to her friend about her symptom ect she decided to learn more about it and then took asked the Dr about it.

I suffer many of the same thing's as my mum but I hope that i dont get as bad her cause i think my rely's too much on pain releif to threw her day's.

My mum used to sew and cook and and so lot's when we were kids but she also ended up spending a lot of time in bed with headach's and pain's that could not be explained by any sort of injury. I my self have got the same problem's as my mum and in my effort to not get's headach's I cant use the clothe's line in stead having to use the dryer cause when I raise my arm's above my shoulder's too much I get shoulder and neck pain which make me dizzy and sick and gives me headach. When i did a heap of sewing for my kids I realised that i got the same way as my mum with the pain's in my neck and shoulder's and headach's i saw the Dr about it and his responce was "Dont sew" I have to limit a lot of activity in order to avoid getting the neck and shoulder problem because once my neck and shoulder start to get sore it really interupt's with my daily life and my family life suffer's the most I dont want my kids growing up with mum that speand a lot of time in bed.

I also suffer from a lot of fatigue which i have under control right now as long as I walk on regular basis and eat really healty. It seem's that i have to keep changing my life in order to keep the symtom's under control I'm hoping that i dont get the same point as my mum. I had heap's of trouble with fatiue for about 3 year at one point it was so bad that picking up remote control seemed like a real effort. I'm only 27 and I have 4 kids now which I really want to stay healty for it can be very confusing and frustrating to have the issuse that i have already i also deal with anxiety and I been treated for depression twice. It like I'm alway's having to decide between doing some thing and getting some sort of reaction/symtom from doing it or not doing it and being borred it can be hard balance to work out. I suffer from skin allergie's and food intolerance's.

the family dr when we growing up use to look at me and say should we rub your mum out and start her again. We that is exactly how i feel about my self. I need to be started again.

meatybuddy
26-09-05, 21:47
hi there i get the some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia but i am awaiting tests to confirm this from my hsopital

hope you are all keeping well

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

april tones
29-09-05, 21:44
hi both, im not the only one on here then. yes, my dad has same symptoms, probably worse but got fed up with docs and didnt bother furthering it. the diagnosis is time consuming but worth it! saying that i wont take the meds any way but its peace of mind. have you had a mri darren? x

apriltones

meatybuddy
02-10-05, 11:24
hi april

i havent had a mri yet as i am waiting for the appointment date to come through from the hospital but i will have to see a consultant first i was also told by my gp that there will a long wait to get in to see them

so now ive got no choice but to dit it out and wait fopr the hospital 2get intouch with me

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part