PDA

View Full Version : People that have had Swine Flu and recoverd could you post here?

kenboon
16-07-09, 19:01
I was wondering if people that have had this dreaded flu and recovered or on the road to recovery could post here? It may put some peoples minds at rest.

All the best

Ken

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 19:03
There are loads of people had it and posted in the threads under this forum.

ronski
16-07-09, 19:17
What is the point of worrying over something we have no control over, if you get symptoms then act appropiately and stay in and most importantly rest so not stressing your body anymore than is absolutely neccesary. The media are not helping but they always wind things up so no change there. Normal seasonal flu kills thousands but it dosent hit the headlines as this one has. Stressing yourselves only serves to dampen your immune response so just live as you normally would through any winter when seasonal flu is active. Be observant for symptoms and then act as that is all you can do other than have a good supply of paracetamol available for family use.

kenboon
16-07-09, 20:12
I agree with you Ronski, but Unfortunalty as you know, living under a cloud of anxiety on a day to day basis, we always think the worse. Just like when you read a thread, you focus on the negatives rather than the positives. I thought this thread would maybe help people focus more on the positives.

Ken

mick_uk
16-07-09, 20:21
I'm the biggest woose on the planet yet i'm coping really well with it.
I've taken my tamiflu and other over the counter stuff and i'm feeling a lot better on day three now.
I've had every illness this year, real and imaginary and this really is mild in comparison with last years flu and the sinus problems i've had.
The only thing ive not had this year is a pregnancy test....I'm about to go and pee on the test stick now...i'll keep you informed of the result :wacko:

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 20:25
Personally I am fed up of reading about it on here. I have done a post under Annoucements and given some swine flu specific forums.

mila
16-07-09, 20:27
We are all here because we suffer with anxiety one way or another, we won't all be worried with same things, and if i don't find something too worrying that doesn't mean someone else isn't and i can't really disregard their worry. Knowing people have gone through it and recovered would help a lot. I'd love to hear if anyone from the high risk groups have had it and what their experience was. Particularly anyone pregnant.

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 20:32
Mila - I appreciate that but people are signing up just to post on the swine flu thread and this is a panic and anxiety site and I do not want this flu taking over NMP as it seems to be at the moment.

Funky Mum
16-07-09, 20:34
I'm the biggest woose on the planet yet i'm coping really well with it.
I've taken my tamiflu and other over the counter stuff and i'm feeling a lot better on day three now.
I've had every illness this year, real and imaginary and this really is mild in comparison with last years flu and the sinus problems i've had.
The only thing ive not had this year is a pregnancy test....I'm about to go and pee on the test stick now...i'll keep you informed of the result :wacko:

Glad you are coping well Mick!

Good luck with your pg test, hope you get the result you want :winks:

mila
16-07-09, 20:44
Oh I didn't realize people are actually doing that, Nicola, i totally understand that.

dobes
16-07-09, 21:04
My 13-year-old nephew in NY had it a month ago - he was told to stay home for a week, but probably would have been out of school only a day or 2 if they hadn't made him stay home. My sister got it from him, and it was also mild. His was confirmed by tests, but they didn't test her - just said they were backed up with so many tests, and if her son had had it a week before, she probably did too. Neither took Tamiflu, neither was very sick, both recovered quickly.

Hannah_alwaysworried
16-07-09, 21:17
i think that swine flu threads are a good idea i no myself suffering with terrible anxiety threads like this help ease me in my time of worry do u no think people with anxiety might be joining because this swine flu spread has brought it out in a bad way and they just need support
i come her for support reasurance and i can say im quite upset that people carnt post there worries here for the reasurance they need
swine flu is a big deal at the moment and i think ppl with anxiety need somewere to go to ease there time of worry :)
no argument ment just wanted to say how i feel as reading some recent posts has eased my mind just knowing that i shuld relax a bit

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 21:21
I asked that people reply to other threads and read all the info on here first before posting that is all.

Angelai
16-07-09, 21:24
I joined nmp because of very severe emetophobia - through the dreaded winter months the site is overwhelmed with emets panicking about the stomach flu. For many people, swine flu is just the same, and they need the same support and advice.

Just my opinion :)

Angelai
16-07-09, 21:26
I do get your point Nicola, people are quick to jump straight in with new posts before checking to see what has already been written - trying to keep it all in one place is a good idea.

x

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 21:27
I don't agree about being overwhelmed with emets panicking in the winter but that is my opinion too.

If people just read the other posts they will see it is not that bad - that is my point!

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 21:28
Angela - that is why I created a new forum for it - if I didn't care I would not have done that but it needs to be kept in perspective and people stop over-reacting

Angelai
16-07-09, 21:30
I must have been on a different site...

Angelai
16-07-09, 21:36
The winter vomitting bug needs to be kept in perspective too, try telling all the emet nmp members that.

I do agree with you, this flu has been blown out of all proportion - and what you have done is a good thing. It just came across as though being scared of swine flu isn't a good enough reason to be heard on nmp. Maybe I read in the wrong tone?

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 21:44
I will just not read any more flu posts and leave everyone to it I think.

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 21:51
Sorry if I upset anyone by the way that was not my intention.

agent orange
16-07-09, 22:00
i agree with nic.I'm not worried about flu... this is an anxiety site for those with real long term anxiety and it is best left for those you need it.

mick_uk
16-07-09, 22:00
you don't have to apologise to anyone nic
without your work and this site there would be a lot of people struggling at home and worrying a lot more with no one to turn to for help

Ophelia105
16-07-09, 22:05
Hi Nicola,

I think it is very difficult to keep people from worrying about swine flu on a site which attracts people who will generally worry about anything ( I have my own demons) - I think you have done a cracking job trying to keep it in perspective and also together in one thread.

I am also fed up of the media frenzy regarding swine flu - I am sure there are more people who have died on the roads in the UK than have died of swine flu in the same time period - but no one is talking about shutting the M1. Even the language on the news tonight talked about how the fatality figure had 'jumped' to 29 deaths...40, 000 suspected new cases a week and 29 deaths. All of the deaths have been tragic and my heart goes out to their families but the media is making such a meal of it....so people's vulnerabilities can be tapped into for the sake of the price of a newspaper...

My conspiracy theory mind wonders why? Is there something else going on that this whole swine flu thing is being used to cover...but the less about that the better..that is my own paranoia...

Hopefully this media hysteria will soon die down - and no doubt be will be replaced by something else...

I'm with Mick_uk on this one!

mummyto4
16-07-09, 22:06
I can see it from both sides to be honest and Nic, I don't think you have anything to apologise for. You are entitled to your opinion. I am grateful that you have put all the swine flu posts in one place for anyone to be able to refer to BUT I can also see that other peoples posts which they are worried about 'may' become unanswered and this can get quite worrying for other posters needing advice.

bottleblond
16-07-09, 22:21
I think some are taking what Nicola means slightly out of context.
We had to created a sub forum as the amount of 'Swine flu' posts where beginning to take over all other areas of the forum.

By creating a sub forum, we hoped that people would add to exsisting threads rather than start new ones. It does get a bit confusing when you see so many posts with the same heading as to which ones we have read/replied to.

We are not asking people not to post on this subject, but there are so many exsisting thread on this subject it would benefit others who are worried to share their issues on those threads rather than create new ones.

Kind regards
Lisa

redballoons
16-07-09, 22:28
I called my doctor today to try and get an appointment for a sore throat and very dry throat and mouth I have had for about 2 days (also had slight temp amonsgt other things). Didnt think it wa swine flu - I worry about every other disease under the sun but swine flu has not really made me all that anxious!
Anyway they wouldnt let me come in instead I had to wait for them to call back.
When they (finally) did they ran through a load of questions and said they thought I probably had swine flu!

I really feel like a fraud! I do feel ill my temp is up and as I say main thing is headaches and really dry tickly throar but I dont feel as bad as I did with flu over christmas.:shrug:

Im wondering if I actually do have it or not! the doctor seemed pretty certain but I dont know!

If this IS it then I think alot people must have had it and never reported it - I wouldnt have if I hadnt noticed my daughter start looking a little run down too

sophie

ElizabethJane
16-07-09, 22:33
Hi I had an email about the swine flu thread that I had responded to. I had not started a new thread. I feel that a smack on the wrist is unjustified. I'm not hung up about swine flu and yet my husbands bosses children both have it and they are only in Colchester. Also Basildon isn't a million miles from here either (where somebody has died). If I get swine flu as an asthmatic I shall be wanting my vaccine of tamiflu.

Ellie25
16-07-09, 22:34
As a member of NMP I know I SO value being able to come on here and share worries and fears.....I agree the media aren't helping the situation BUT also know that swine flu will be a trigger for many people on here and for all sorts of reasons.

As a severe emetophobic, anorexic, sufferer of PAs and health anxiety I am having to work SO hard to maintain a normal appearance to the outside world and in order to function at an acceptable level...i.e. continuing to work in the hospital with very sick people!
NMP is a life line for me because I know I can come here and gain strength from others, share the fears and I hope, support others. The rest of the time I have to keep all my thoughts and feelings shoved away....something, as I'm sure we all know, that only makes our mental health worse.

Logically I know worrying doesn't change anything but as we all know, logic doesnt always win when it comes to anxiety, panic etc. For those of you struck down with the bug I wish you all a VERY speedy recovery and thank you for sharing the experiences.......a great help.

I wonder if we could support each other by giving ideas/suggestions of how to cope with the increased fears and anxieties...... I'll kick off with one thought I had today whilst on duty at the hospital

...there may well be hundreds of thousands of swine flu cases BUT there are 65+ million people in the country.......:). The media don't remind us of that fact!

I'll shut up now! Hope I've not been too outspoken or upset anyone........:scared15:

I know I need NMP big time atm because otherwise I'd be locked in my house away from everyone, jobless, desperate and in an even bigger mess than I am now!

Ellie
xx

bottleblond
16-07-09, 22:41
Ellie what a brilliant idea hun and a lovely post!!

Take care
Lisa
xxx

redballoons
16-07-09, 22:48
ellie
I honestly thought I was insane before I found this site now I feel more normal (most of the time).
my helping you feel better is that if I DO have it (see post above) so far It is very mild! the fact it was mild didnt put the doctor off diagnosing it at all - so mild swine flu MUST be more common than the newspapers/tv would have us believe!

hope that makes sense lol

sophie

agnes
16-07-09, 22:52
Hi Nicola,

I think it is very difficult to keep people from worrying about swine flu on a site which attracts people who will generally worry about anything ( I have my own demons) - I think you have done a cracking job trying to keep it in perspective and also together in one thread.

I am also fed up of the media frenzy regarding swine flu - I am sure there are more people who have died on the roads in the UK than have died of swine flu in the same time period - but no one is talking about shutting the M1. Even the language on the news tonight talked about how the fatality figure had 'jumped' to 29 deaths...40, 000 suspected new cases a week and 29 deaths. All of the deaths have been tragic and my heart goes out to their families but the media is making such a meal of it....so people's vulnerabilities can be tapped into for the sake of the price of a newspaper...

My conspiracy theory mind wonders why? Is there something else going on that this whole swine flu thing is being used to cover...but the less about that the better..that is my own paranoia...

Hopefully this media hysteria will soon die down - and no doubt be will be replaced by something else...

I'm with Mick_uk on this one!

A couple of months ago, I heard on the news that this is the worst flu epidemic for 40 years...

so I began thinking back to 1968...I was just 19 and my daughter was just a few months old. And, although I've been a life long worrier, I didn't even realise at the time, or indeed since, that there was an outbreak of flu!! The point I'm trying to make is that I wholly agree with Ophelia about the role of the media in creating a national panic. Back in the late 60s, there wasn't all this news coverage, and what we didn't know didn't scare us!

Okay, so we can't change the way we now have 24 hour news coverage, but, if we can all accept that the media can be very influential in the way it affects the way we feel and think.

An afterthought...imagine how lovely it would be if the media used its influence in a positive way?

Sof
16-07-09, 23:02
Hi, I live in Mexico and I know a couple of people that had the swine flu and they didn't even have to go to the hospital, they took the medicine et voila. It's a matter of taking precautions, like ronski said, if you have symptoms act appropiately, and symptoms are NOT subtle, you feel like you would feel if you had regular flu. Even before anyone knew what the swine flu was, people got sick and were ok here, I know because I worked at a school at the time and we had an unusually long flu season which is what started to alert authorities, I wouldn't be surprised if I was exposed to it and didn't even know it. The media has created alarm, and they ommitted some facts, "crisis reporting" Arhundati Roy calls it.

lesleya
16-07-09, 23:04
I dont really understand how you know properly if you have it or dont have it?
Ive been unwell for a few days with very slight temperature, tickly cough, the skitters, headache for 2 days, and i rang my gp and he asked what my temp was and i said i didnt know as i havent got a thermometer, but he says i dont have it because i dont have a constant high temperature and he said i just have a virus. The only reason im only concerned is because of being a diabetic and im due to go to work tomorrow and i dont want to spread anything to anyone else if i can avoid it. I just went back to work on monday after 7 months off so they wont be too happy if i ring in tomorrow to say im not well again, so im not sure what to do for the best?
Take care
xxx

Ophelia105
16-07-09, 23:05
Thnx Theia

Here is an example - and it's not even about swine flu..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/

I suggest people try to find reliable information about swine flu - not the sensationalist, scary stuff we are fed on News at 10 and in The Sun etc - Nicola has posted some websites in a previous post. Hopefully this will keep the posts to the minimum necessary..

If you still need to obsess about swine flu after that - fine - as I said I have my own demons.

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 23:21
My frustration is posted here

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53671

miss c brightside
17-07-09, 00:28
i think its crazy that peope on here arevnot under standing! we arevherevbecause we are over anxious!! how un-sensitive!! no matter what the subject!

bottleblond
17-07-09, 00:31
Pardon? didn't make that out

redballoons
17-07-09, 06:54
OK - Didnt realise there was an arguement going on about swine flu:scared15:

Am I right in saying it is OK to post in the exsisting threads about this?
since the doctor said I have it and im stuck resting it would be nice to be able to post about it. Although this hasnt actually overly panicked me yet - I was in a major panic about a harmless thunderstorm last night though! - isnt anxiety fun and unpredictable lol

I dont see the problem with posting in exsisting threads if it is - surely most people do this on other subjects anyway?

sophie

Ellie25
17-07-09, 07:48
I wrote a long post last night (see earlier) but am really sad that there's a sense of critiscism around regarding peoples posts re swine flu.

As had already been said, we ALL have demons...demons which will be triggered by many different things. It just so happens that something like a swine flu pandemic triggers demons for many people.

Surely we need to be tolerant to each other, to respect and support each other regardless of whether we think its over the top......that actually doesnt matter. What matters is that people feel they can be honest here, posting their feelings and fears within a safe and understanding forum. Often being able to share these is a huge help in itself. Isn't that the idea of NMP? To offer a safe place to seek help and support????

I'm sure at some point in the future those on NMP who aren't phased by this latest health scare will be phased by something else........be patient with those of us who are finding things difficult atm....please!

I hope those who are suffering at the moment with the bug are continuing to rest and recover....

take care.
Ellie
xx

Ophelia105
17-07-09, 10:44
Useful article on the BBC today regarding the reality of the media portrayal of swine flu..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/ferguswalsh/

Hope people find it useful

Meewah
17-07-09, 10:52
Hi Nicola.

Firstly can I say Thanks for doing such a great Job.
I empathise with you on the quantity of posts regarding swine Flu. I feel the problem is the general chit chat about various posting issues. This site Is a great leveller when The media is creating a storm. It has calmed me down for sure which has to be a good thing.

I feel that the argument fits many threads on this website, for instance how many people have posted again and again on Palpitations? I am sure you get the drift. Anxiety and OCD is about obbsesional thinking so it is going to follow that people will be obsessed with Swine Flu.

I feel as with this thread if people, current company included, I feel our time would be better spent keeping to the title of the thread. If you read this tread you will understand why I say this. Most of the posts are about arguing about why so many people are using NMP for swine flu posts. I feel we should stick to the title of each thread to reduce traffic.

Someone once said to me " why are you getting so frustrated and cross with this traffic congestion in town" I said its because I need to get to work and everyone is in the way!! They replied you are part of the congestion so you are causing the problem also. I now never shout at other drivers as I would have to shout at myself.

Back to the Title of this thread and can we all stop swamping other peoples threads??

May be we should have a thread for people who are sick of swine flu posts...

Hope I do not offend anyone...

Mee

Emira7
17-07-09, 10:57
Ophelia, great article BTW. Reasoning and sense!

Emira

jaymv83
17-07-09, 14:17
swine flu kills we all know that but whats different from this flu to our seasonal flu? seasonal flu kills upto 500,000 worldwide each year and even though i worry about getting anything that may kill i know i have no control over it. All i can do is look up what the symptoms are and be prepared for it if i get it. The media doesn't help when all they do is tell us people are dying of this illness or that illness. My guess is i'll die of an illness at some point but i'll not worry about that till i'm knocking on deaths door

Helen1973
17-07-09, 14:48
My guess is i'll die of an illness at some point but i'll not worry about that till i'm knocking on deaths door

That reminds me of an article I read stating that there is no such thing as 'dying of old age', there is always an underlying cause such as heart etc etc. So, even those old folks that pass away in their sleep manage to bump up the disease statistics, be it heart or whatever. We weren't built to last forever, but tell that to the health professionals who want us to eat only fish, veg and rice, and drink only water.

Remember the saying that there are 'lies, damned lies and statistics'?

Sorry for digressing...back to the original programming:D

Ragna
17-07-09, 15:44
As someone whose anxiety stems from anything health base, I can not help but be concerned about the Swine Flu.With an elderly mother, and a three year old in the house, I was somewhat relieved that the summer holidays have come!

However, I do feel that the media frenzy has made things million times worse, scaremongering the public.

I seriously wonder how many cases that are reported are 'actual' real cases of swine flu and not just heavy summer cold, as for the past few weeks many of the diagnosis in many places are being made over the phone.

My nineteen year old rang the doctors because high temp & sore throat. She is not well, but nowhere near how ill real flu makes you feel. She worked through a couple of the days before being told to stop working and take Tami flu. Even with my anxiety the way it is, I don't think for one minute she has swine flu (although there is always that worry at the back of your mind) I've been regularly taking her temperature, washing my hands regular just in case.

My other daughter has been in contact with a friend who they think has it, and is on Tami flu too, so it's always going through my mind, so much so I needed to take a valium this morning to calm myself down. The logical side of me agrees with the other posters, but the anxious nitwit side says we are doomed !!

Thanking you here for adding the thread & those posters helping to put everything into perspective - it is appreciated :):)

Ragna xx

agnes
17-07-09, 17:00
Excellent link, Ophelia, thank you

L1SA
17-07-09, 19:30
I will just not read any more flu posts and leave everyone to it I think.

I have suffered anxiety since i was 14 20yrs ago. It can and does rule my life and i spend every day battling it. I have tried so hard to control symptoms BUT ATM with this swine flu epidemic its so hard to keep the mind calm.

There is so many mixed signals its confusing. One minute its ok nothing to worry about no different to any other flu then theres reports saying more people are dying and healthy ones at that.

Can you blame us getting anxious?...

This website had helped me alot & many others and i thank you.

I also apriciate how hard it is to moderate such a huge forum especially when you have to go through and read every post so i understand how fed up your getting by going over the same old contents...

Thing is its making me weiry of using this forum now for my anxietys about the swine flu because of this attitude *post above* (especially comin from admin!)

I was going to stress my worries about the swine flu but reading up on the swine flu on announcements and this i dont feel comfortable.

Lisa

bottleblond
17-07-09, 20:02
Lisa

Nicola expressed her opinion that she would rather not be involved in anymore swine flu posts. She did not personaly attack you or ask you to stop voicing your concerns.

We all have certain subjects we would rather not participate in on the forum. I know i do and i don't think that makes me any different than anyone else or a bad person.

Please remember that admin/mods are people too and are also entitled to their view and opinion.

Kind regards
Lisa

NMP Administrator

honeybee3939
17-07-09, 21:12
Hi

So whats the difference between swine flu and Meningitis? The symptoms are exactly the same. Im begining to wonder if the poor children that died of swine flu had meningitus and they put it down to swine flu?
Has we all know many children unfortunatley get meningitis each year but it dosnt make headline news.

Its all just scare mongering by the media !
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Jaco45er
17-07-09, 21:21
O another swine flu thread ;)

Look it's only natural for people to be worried about swine flu. More so since this is an anxiety forum.

However, I have just seen the news and again, out of the 29 people who have died (rest their souls) again they had under-lying complications.

I do understand some are worried, some are frustrated, but lets just all relax and work on facts :)

I for one don't want to see people fall out and argue about it :)

xsarahxjanex
18-07-09, 22:14
hey nicola, i understand what you are saying about swine flu taking over the whole website but this part of nmp is for health anxiety sufferers and swine flu is the biggest health scare at the moment so its understandable for all the HA suffers to be going into panic mode! it is relly unfair how the media are over dramatising the situation as they are making even the least anxious of people are worrying. i was already a member of NMP before the swine flu scare but i did specificly come on today to seek some reassurence over swine flu, and it did work, feel a lot better! peoples views on here are more realistic than what you hear in the media. x

nomorepanic
18-07-09, 22:17
Glad it has helped Sarah - I just did not need all the hassles that I got though - that was unfair

Emaa
19-07-09, 04:11
I was going to stress my worries about the swine flu but reading up on the swine flu on announcements and this i dont feel comfortable.

Lisa

I completely agree with Lisa. We're in the health anxiety forum.. It's completely obvious we're going to worry about swine flu.

I understand that people are allowed their own opinion, but there's no need for attitude.

nomorepanic
19-07-09, 14:30
Who's attitude is that Emaa ?

Meewah
19-07-09, 15:22
I completely agree with Lisa. We're in the health anxiety forum.. It's completely obvious we're going to worry about swine flu.

I understand that people are allowed their own opinion, but there's no need for attitude.

How do you show Attitude in a forum?????? I cant help thinking you were experiencing attitude yourself as when that happens you generally see it in others....Chill!!

Mee

Meewah
19-07-09, 15:26
Sorry to shout but:-

HAS ANYONE REPORTED ANY RECOVERIES YET?????????????

SEEMS LIKE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN AMBUSHED!!!!

Mee

honeybee3939
19-07-09, 15:30
Yes

My youngest daughter had it last week and she back to normal now. My boss at work had it, hes fine now also. My eldest daughters boyfriend and his mother had it too and they are now on the mend.:yesyes: :yesyes:

So all good news !
Andrea
xxxx

Meewah
19-07-09, 15:56
Thanks HoneyBee

At last good stories coming through...Lets not get back in to bad habits..More recoveries pls.

Mee

mick_uk
19-07-09, 16:06
I had it quite bad last monday,had it diagnosed tuesday morning, took my first tamiflu at tuesday lunchtime and the last tamilflu today (sunday) and I feel 90% better. Just a bit of a sore throat and a slight temp now.

sb001f8994
19-07-09, 16:13
thats good mick, hope your 100% soon
Carol x

bottleblond
19-07-09, 16:19

Ok lets try this AGAIN in the English it was originaly posted.....

NO ONE has a problem with ANYONE posting about Swine flu, What we did ask was would you please ADD TO EXISTING POSTS RATHER THAN CREATE A NEW ONE.

Of course we understand that people are going to worry about this issue, that is 100% understandable with HA sufferers but all we are asking is, if you can, then please add to exsisting threads about this subject as we are being inundated with this at the moment.

Thankyou!!

Lisa

er..Will
19-07-09, 20:50
Yes

My youngest daughter had it last week and she back to normal now. My boss at work had it, hes fine now also. My eldest daughters boyfriend and his mother had it too and they are now on the mend.:yesyes: :yesyes:

So all good news !
Andrea
xxxx

thanks A:bighug1:

Can we turn this post into a sticky please? :yesyes:

bottleblond
19-07-09, 21:11
Lol Will, i think um NOT!!!

Lisa
x

sweetypie
20-07-09, 10:14
i was diagnosed on friday dint have a high temp just realy weak and joint pains dizzy and just feeling really crappy
the doctor gave me tamiflu and today its monday and feeling better i have felt sick for the past 3 days and as an emetophobic i have coped so well just laid down for the first 2 days then i felt my self ggetting better my appitite is back also i no with swine flu you can be sick which made me worry but all im worried about now is my kids coming down with it
which so far so good if it was swine flu then really its nothing to worry about just a few days of feeling crap and sicky because of the infection and tamiflu but i coped and belive me if i did then any one can because im the worst worryer ever even with a sniffle i panic but iv coped ope this helps xxxx:yesyes:

honeybee3939
20-07-09, 10:55
Hi

My 2 daughters symptoms where more or less the same as sweetie pies. My youngest daughter is fine now while my oldest daughter is still a little unwell but definatley improving.

I had to laugh at my youngest daughter today although she as had the flu virus she says she dosnt want to catch it again and made a poster which is intended for my eldest daughter which she as stuck on her bedroom door it reads " Please keep out of my bedroom, just knock and wait!" lol.

Love
Andrea
xxxx

mick_uk
20-07-09, 12:37
lol that's sweet honeybee :D

sweetypie
20-07-09, 12:48
well yesterday n this morning i felt better but sore throat came bk and bloked nose rang the doctor and he said this is what swine flu does apperntly he cant do test has theres too many people round here showing same symptoms as me what have tested positve for swine flu so there just ruleing it out iv got one more day of tamiflu he said i should be back to normal by end of the week so that means more rest and plenty of tv for me hehe
but look if this is swine flu please dont worry because its not so bad iv been like this since friday and im doing okay specially with my panic as well i think after this my emetophobia might calm down too has iv felt sick for 3 days and coped so well every one is so proud of me n im proud of my self

bottleblond
20-07-09, 14:09
Lmao Andy...Bless her!!

I am so glad everyone seems to be having mild symptoms and i hope you all begin to feel alot better soon.

Love Lisa
xxxx

mummyto4
21-07-09, 00:38
after quite a worrying time since last week my little one appears to be improving at last. Temp normal now and a very tired and exhausted little chap... and his mummy! relief!

maddie
21-07-09, 11:53
All my family have been confirmed with swine flu. I've had it 4 days now. Due to taking Lithium, I cannot have Tamilflu as my doctor said that the two don't mix well. I have been in bed taking paracetamol 4 hourly and as much water as I could drink . Ice pops have helped soothe my throat. Today my temperature has broken and I feel better. I started with a sore throat and earache, then my temp. rose and I started to ache all over. Just like any flu. My appetite is back today and I am up out of bed.

My partner, daughter and her boyfriend are all taking Tamiflu, but don't seem to be getting better any faster than me. We all had the same symptoms, but my partner's chest is tight. My 6 month old grandson has no more than a severe cold. He's very snuffly, but still wants to eat and play. My partner has underlying health issues and we were, of course, worried about the baby. Both are coming through fine.

I have had panic attacks, especially on waking. I knew they were because I was ill, so I was able to ride them through. I think anyone who comes down with it must expect that their anxieties will be worse, but we all know that fear feeds them. Don't fear the swine flu and ignore the panic. Not easy, but it's the quickest way through it and it works. I am a severe anxiety sufferer and I know!

We have had people delivering things to our porch and have phoned people. We have shared in all the jokes "have you got a curly tail yet?" etc. It might sound flippant, but humour has helped us. There's no point feeling sorry for ourselves, that just will not help us recover quickly.

Hope my experiences will help others. Please don't criticise the mods, especially nic. They are trying to keep a balance on what is happening. Panic and sensationalisation won't help us.

mick_uk
21-07-09, 11:54
That's good to hear mummyto4, hope he's fully recovered soon and you get some rest :D

sweetypie
21-07-09, 14:05
maddie i was the same iv been like it 5 days the doctor asked me up to the surgery today she checked me over and she said my lungs were fine my ears were clear just swollen glands
thank god im over the worst now
i started with the weakness then joint pains then headache what came and went same with the sore throat that came and went the tamiflu made me sickly
but my nerves were fine through out it all i feared at first but now im still laid with the blanket cos still got chills n tired but doctor said its all part of ow this virus works but its not as bad as wat people think it is
they just neeed to be prepaird for a few days of rest lol which isnt so bad

mummyto4
21-07-09, 18:14
Thanks Mick. How are you feeling now?

mick_uk
21-07-09, 18:56
Lot better thnx mummyto4, still got a bit of a temperature but otherwise fine now

mummyto4
21-07-09, 21:50
Glad to hear it Mick. Light at the end of the tunnel eh! thank god. :)

yanksforever
04-08-09, 06:10
Hi guys I'm at college and theres currently a swine flu scare on campus, everyone is freaking out and if you cough in public people literally cringe around u.

I feel fine but I have a tickly cough and dry throat, but my throat doesnt hurt, it feels the way it does when I'm anxious...I get these often but should I just take a paracetamol just in case?

I'm afraid to be sick...my roommate is so paranoid and uninformed. If I'm sick I swear she'll tell everyone on campus I have swine flu, even if I don't, and it'll just be very embarassing...

So, take paracetamol?

Mikke
27-11-09, 03:22
It was very mild.
Headaches, "dry" coughing ( I don't know if that's even an engish word), very little fever, a bit tired. Some heavy breathing.
I have had it for 5 days now, and it's starting to go away.
If it wasn't for the media hysteria I'd think of it as a cold, really.

looking4answers
27-11-09, 03:40
I can't verify it for sure but a few weeks ago my wife and I suffered some symptoms extremely suspicious ..almost identical. I called a ER doctor that lives down the road and asked him and he said it sounded exactly like the H1N1 ..He told us to rest and called in some tamiflu meds and we rested drank plenty of fluids and finally have pretty much gotten over it. We did the best thing ,we secluded ourselves from other people and made anyone that we came into contact with aware we could have it.

Also our daughter that lives close to NY city got it..she said she had a horrible time..our grand daughter got it and the baby and husband was put on tamiflu as well.. All are doing well now and as far as I know we to are ok.. Michael