PDA

View Full Version : Holiday with friends

NoWhereToHide
16-07-09, 22:19
I am going on a holiday to 5 days to Cornwall at the beginning of August and I am already worrying about whether I can cope with it. The main worry I have is that we are camping and that sleeping in a Tent will never allow me time to relax and feel safe.

Also going out every night well eventually take its toll on my anxiety, has anyone got any tips for dealing with this? Or any ideas of stuff I can do to prepare myself for it?

Cheers :)

WillyB
17-07-09, 00:26
The only advice i can give is to wonder off from time to time. Go for a walk and try to relax and if your friends ask where you went, just say you went to explore. Also it might be a good idea to take a book or something to read that will take your mind off things. If you dont want to go out with them on a night, just say you dont feel too good or wouldn't mind staying behind to watch over the tents or that you would rather save money.

maddie
17-07-09, 01:46
I would suggest that you take a few things fom home - like a blanket, pillow, even a little teddy (you can tuck it down in your bedding) that will make you feel more secure. Also an ipod for music. Try if you can to establish a routine that is yours, like an afternoon nap or rest before going out in the evening. This will give you time and space away from the others.

If you don't feel up to going out each night, just say so It's your holiday too and you should be able to do what you feel like some of the time.

It can be very relaxing lying in a tent listening to the birds and country noises around you. I hope that you enjoy it.

tommy84
17-07-09, 18:18
hello, i had an almost identical situation in march, i was on the verge of a breakdown. I got there and it was fine. read my post
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45135