PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over EVERY little pain?

Maybe_Baby
16-07-09, 22:39
Does anybody else's anxiety get MAJOR bad when they have a tiny pain or niggle?
I have a cold - OMG SWINE FLU?
Bad head - OMG BRAIN TUMOUR?
Chest pain - OMG HEART ATTACK, IM DYING?
Etc... Just silly things?

I currently have "air hunger" and chest pain :-( Im trying so hard not to get anxious xx

nomorepanic
16-07-09, 23:27
No I don't as I accept things for what they are.

Have a read of the HA website page on the left

moore
17-07-09, 01:52
Yup
always has. That makes the niggle feel worse.
welcome to the vicious cycle of anxiety.
Best thing to do is break the cycle. How you do that depends on a lot of things, but you must try to find a way.

pd
17-07-09, 11:34
Yeh, and while the logical part of me KNOWS it's nothing serious, I still panic, thinking ''what if THIS time it's real...''. I try to tell myself that if something was really wrong, I would know it was really wrong and get it dealt with, rather than panicking about it, but when the logical part of me knows there's nothing really wrong, I feel no pressure to call the doctor and instead I worry about it. If you're worrying/obsessing about a tiny pain/discomfort, try to do something to take your mind off it before it turns into a big panic, I find more often than not it dissapears untill I have nothing else to think about again! Make any sense...:wacko:

shep
17-07-09, 22:26
Hi

Yes can totally empathise with you. I am currently having CBT which encourages me to challenge my thoughts although at my worst I have the thoughts you describe.

I regretfully choose to worry myself silly rather than believe I can do this to myself. HA is not pleasant experience! :lac:

Hope you are able to get some support and manage the symptoms.

A

Ruby86
18-07-09, 23:54
Absolutely!
Everything, even just a little twinge in my back, is clearly a tumour, or yesterday, bone cancer - my legs hurt. Obviously this is because I was on my feet all day, and I knew that, but still...
I totally know how you feel! xxx

Emaa
19-07-09, 03:44
OMGosh yeah I do it with EVERYTHING! Seriously! Headache = Brain Tumour. Leg pain = Blood clot. Neck/stomach/groin/thigh pain = Blood clot that's moved or something? Heart pain = Heart attack.

I know there's nothing wrong with me. I KNOW it, so I don't understand why I let myself get so worked up. In the back of my head I'm saying "Every time this happens, you've been fine. Every day you feel like this, and everything's the same" But the rest of me's like "No, this time something IS wrong"

I can't tell you the amount of times the emergency doctor's been at mine because of ... Nothing. And usually by the time they get here I'm completely calm anyway because I'm reassured by knowing there's a doctor coming!

I'm starting CBT though soon and I can't wait! I really hope this improves.xx

BLUEROSE1981
19-07-09, 04:07
anyone thats ever suffered anxiety has thoughts like these, some more than others, anxiety comes with alot of symptoms expecialy if you take panic attacks,

j2
19-07-09, 05:49
You are describing most every day for me. My nervous system is so sensitive right now that I am causing pains and then reacting poorly to them and this is only feeding my anxiety. It really stinks and I am so thankful for this site since it is the only place I find where people understand. Keep posting, we won't judge.

lauraw
19-07-09, 17:22
Hey,

Like j2 I completely agree with everything you said. Is health anxiety to a T!! I somethime feel like j2 that my nervous system is just on over drive and needs to came down. I get pains but its more the sensory stuff, tingling pins nad needles etc that gets me!! Its hard but you need to accept thats what it is.
We all understand, thats what makes this site so great!!

tiredOfOcd
19-07-09, 17:26
Yes. Especially the last 2 weeks. I've made an appt for my yearly physical and have been suffering big spikes ever since.

littlewren
21-07-09, 13:50
Yes, oh yes.