PDA

View Full Version : ugh im starting to freak out again

lpisano
09-01-04, 17:38
I posted before how i had chest pains and panic attacks, but got over them, and then started to have chest pain when breathing,and felt like theres a lump in my throat. Well i have had no appetite for over a month now, and am basically forcing myself to eat. Have lost like 5 pounds, and im little anyway so i cant really afford to lose it. I went to the drs yesterday, and he thinks i have allergies. Didnt seem concerned about the loss of appetite. Heres my question, should i go see yet a different dr (been to three different ones this month) or should i just wait it out and think its part of the whole panic disorder thing? Of course ive looked up my symptoms online, and come up with cancer and all kinds of horrible things, so im going into full on panic mode.

Thanks,

Laura

benoo5
09-01-04, 18:23
hi laura,

there is a post on here somewhere,by meg..she lists symptoms of anxiety,and all your symptoms,are on that list...looking up online medical sites,is like taking three steps backwards to your recovery,as your not trained to disect,the relevant information,you just look at the worst case synarios,and then anxiety,and panic,take over.

make up your mind to relax tonite..watch a good,fun video...read a good book..listen to good music..nice long bath,candles,maybe a glass of wine,and soak away the blues..if you have a good relaxation tape,listen to that..concentrate on your breathing,a slow count to 4 in,and a slow count to 6 out.

above all else,keep telling yourself,that your problems,are just symptoms of anxiety...get a pad,and write that down,over and over again,its good therapy.

hope you feel better soon..bryan.

diana
09-01-04, 18:47
Hiya Laura,

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad again, but like Bryan says all the symptoms you mention are quite related to anxiety. I hope knowing that helps a bit. Also like Bryan mentioned "DO NOT" go onto these medical sites as you will just set yourself up for another attack or feelings of anxiousness. That you do not need right now if you are already feeling a bit at odds. Do take care of yourself and keep posting to let us know how you are doing. You should probably check with a doc to find out a solid reason for the loss of appetite, as I have never heard of allergies causing such a side affect. If you are already small, I would be concerned with that. I have a very petite 18 year old daughter, she only wears a (0), she recently started taking "STRATERRA" which was prescribed for her ADHD (Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder) and it in turn made her lose her appetite which really concerned us, because at a size (0) where do you go? As a result she took herself off of it, because she really likes to eat LOL..... :) and is now researching other medications for this disorder. Could this be a possibility for you? Maybe a new med? Let us know.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

lpisano
09-01-04, 19:03
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your replies. You are both right about staying away from the medical sites, so far ive had lung cancer, skin cancer, leukimia and stomach cancer. My poor husband thinks im going nuts!!! Im not on any medication at all right now, so thats not a factor in the loss of appetite. The good thing is I can still make myself eat, and i feel fine in myself - go figure!!

Anyway the dr didnt seem to worried about it, so i guess I'll wait a week and see what happens.

Thanks again,
Laura