PDA

View Full Version : Hello! (new)

Blue
19-09-05, 12:29
Hi Everyone,
This is my 1st post,i look forward to hearing from you!.I experience
chronic Anxiety/Ocd for which i take medication and receive support from CMHT.The physical discomfort of severe anxiety is for me the most
disabling aspect of my condition.Each morning i wake with wrenched stomach/nausea which continues throughout the day.I cannot concentrate on reading/tv etc due to discomfort,i also have chronic insomnia.I realise anxiety comes from our thoughts,but i feel unable to
control my exhausted mind!.I often feel isolated as family members although very caring,find it very difficult to understand.Anyway,ill sign off now.

thks

Blue
19-09-05, 12:57
Hi,
Just realized[Duh!],and added my Intro to correct place

thks

trac67
19-09-05, 13:38
Hi Blue,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of helpful advice here and make a lot of good friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Blue
19-09-05, 13:45
Thanks Trac,appreciated.

taf
20-09-05, 00:47
Hello!
I am sorry you are suffering! Nausea can be such an all encompassing feeling, and I get tummy stuff when I am anxious. The docs years ago called it IBS. I call the whole kit and kaboodle anxiety, and i know what you mean about the physical side....ouch.
Have you read the moderators informational articles on the therapies...i.e, the CBT (I think I am quoting it correctly)... Those articles were so helpful to me....Just knowing there are therapy modalities out there which help us specifically with "reframing" our thoughts...very helpful to me....Might help with the OCD?
They are so nice here. I just was so bowed over by the responses and kindness...and most of all to know we are not alone!!! Even across oceans.........
xxoo, Taf

Blue
20-09-05, 09:20
Hi Taf,
Thanks for reply,ill take a look at articles

thks
Blue

tracyp584
20-09-05, 11:14
Hey Blue,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
20-09-05, 12:50
Hi Blue

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Try tonic water and the associated good burps for the nausea.
Try some gaviscon if you get burning
Try a hearty walk for the churny tummy

Try a good relaxation CD or a yoga/Tai chi class for the insomnia

Keep popping back here for the isolation or print off pages so the family can learn and develop a better understanding

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Blue
20-09-05, 13:28
Meg,thanks for that,
Just taken some Gaviscon,may have to see Doc for Cimetidine,i have been prescribed it in past.
Ill take you up on tonic water,new to me that one!
Very nervy and shaky today,having difficulty leaving house for any length of time.
Ill listen to ( relax cd )while in bed,my whole body muscules are very tense at all times.I find it extemely difficult to concentrate due to constant intrusive thoughts in my head.Apologies if im coming across negative,i do show a lot of resolve and perseverence.

rgds
Blue

Meg
20-09-05, 14:18
Hey Blue ,

No apologies needed on here . we've all been there and know that is just how it is for a while, but do keep hold of the thought that its temporary.

*having difficulty leaving house for any length of time.*
Don't then, thats totally fine right now - but do try to go a short way several times ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Blue
20-09-05, 16:22
Thks Meg,
By the way that Gaviscons good stuff