PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Bands

Antoinette
17-07-09, 09:11
Hey!

Ive finally collected my lovely blue wristband from my post office and wearing it with pride at work.

But can someone please tell me what the letters stand for?

Also, dont really want anyone at work to know what it represents as they will make judgements so now I am panicking about what to say?

Help!

Antoinette.

bluesparkle
17-07-09, 09:40
hey!
well jfdi stands for ...
j- just
f-flippin (or anouther suitable word lol)
d-do
i-it

i wore mine for ages and when people asked i just said it is support for panic/anxiety sufferers and told them what the letters meant and they would often smile as its quite cool isnt it... (the band that is not suffering from this)
rach
x

Antoinette
17-07-09, 10:49
Hey Rach!
You star! Thank you so much.
I do love it. And it goes with the pretty blue flowers embroidered on my skirt! ha!
Well this is a mantra I am definately going to repeat.
Its terrible though and not that I am embarassed to admit it, but I hate people just making assumptions of me when I say I do or they will judge me, esp at work - do you know what I mean?

Thanks for getting back to me though.
Have a great weekend.

A
XX

nomorepanic
17-07-09, 10:56
Hi

Glad you got the the band ok.

You could tell people it is just a positive mantra that you use - to remind yourself to do stuff and not shy away from it. That way you don't even need to mention panic/anxiety etc.

JFDI can be used in so many situations I reckon.

Antoinette
17-07-09, 11:38
THANKS Nicola.
It feels so much more calming wearing it and knowing that I am not the only one.
Thanks again and have a great weekend.

X

Diane O'Brien
17-07-09, 22:41
Hi All

Just ordered a bracelet. I will wear it with pride and hoping it will give me confidence throughout the day.

Diane xxx

Prue89
23-07-09, 17:42
Just recieved my lovely wrist band. I've never been so excited to recieve a rubber band :D

Even my hubby got one. He doesn't have any panic problems, he just loved the slogan and wanted to support me and this lovely site :D

Also got my pen, hopefully it will give me the power to beat my dad at finishing the crosswords first on saturday :D

And i know im using alot of smileys, but i've been abit depressed the last couple of days and this has really cheered me up, so.....:D

Prue

x

nomorepanic
23-07-09, 18:31
Glad you get it all ok Prue - thanks for letting me know.

stacey
10-08-09, 11:35
how did you get that band? I want one! Stacey.

nomorepanic
10-08-09, 15:37
From the online shop Stacey - click on the link on the left.

mikedomican
23-09-09, 22:01
were do u get these from?

nomorepanic
23-09-09, 22:11
the online shop

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop)

mikedomican
23-09-09, 22:35
cheers

stacey
28-09-09, 18:22
I bought one of the wrist bands....it seems to be getting bigger and keeps falling off my wrist!? A big help though!

nomorepanic
28-09-09, 18:37
I don't think they should stretch that much lol.

I am out of stock at the moment so will be re-ordering some more asap.

stacey
29-09-09, 21:10
I have tiny wrists!!! I think it is the constant "taking it off" that seems to be stretching it???

nomorepanic
29-09-09, 21:16
Aww well at least you have been wearing it - that is good

nomorepanic
13-10-09, 13:44
Wristbands now back in stock

bomberbeamish
04-11-09, 09:45
where can i get one of these wrist bands from?

kazzie
04-11-09, 10:51
I wear my wristband all the time:yesyes:

When Im having a wobble I look at it and smile cos it reminds Me of all the fantastic freinds Ive made since I joined NMP over 3 years ago:D

Kaz xx x:hugs:

nomorepanic
04-11-09, 11:27
You can buy them in the online shop - just click on shop link on the left or there is a big page for it on the home page.

jaded jean
23-04-10, 06:51
Hi.
I bought three wristbands as unfortunately anxiety is the forerunner on my side of the family so I thought give a little happy encouragement ,something you can look at and say 'Yes I will Flippin do it!! And survive the day:yesyes:
Jean

bomberbeamish
01-05-10, 11:03
I think these bands should be tight and made of elastic,, and when we have a thought, PIN it really hard,, so we are scared of the pain and the thoughts will stop.
thats my brain wave of the day. x

sb001f8994
01-05-10, 12:32
I wear mine when going in the car. if I feel a panic I twang it, trouble is I twang too hard and it hurts! Oh well its a good distraction from the panic.

bomberbeamish
01-05-10, 14:16
does it give twang,, mine dosnt really,, not enough to distract,, i mite use an elsatic band.

swagerr
30-07-10, 06:09
Bracelets worn on the wrist encircling band, made of a variety of materials, depending purpose.Colored bracelets are often given to participants at events like music festivals and concerts, like a bracelet access control measure.Hospital is a safety device commonly used to identify patients undergoing medical treatment.

fairyclairy
02-08-10, 20:38
I love my wrist band... it helps me everyday when im having a wobble or bad day, it reminds me that i suffer from anxiety/panic and thats just what all the symptoms are.. not that i am about to die, which can come to mind through a bad attack!

I wear it with pride and when people ask, i tell them exactly what it stands for.. i am proud to wear this, because it means we are strong enough to admit we struggle, and are trying to fight this demon instead of curling up in a corner and doing nothing!

Its a great aid and everytime i look down at it at work or if im out and about... i smile and think 'im actually fighting this.... im going to beat it!' x

jaded jean
04-08-10, 16:35
I have 5 of them.....:yesyes:

Jean

skyblue
06-08-10, 19:42
Hay just purchased my wristband and tee shirt can not wait to wear them,and help raise awareness....

Ill also look FAB lol...........

sky x:flowers:

nomorepanic
06-08-10, 19:48
Got the order thanks skyblue and will get it posted over the weekend for you

Stars
10-08-10, 16:32
How do you get a band ??

nomorepanic
10-08-10, 16:47
The online shop Stars

Stars
10-08-10, 17:08
OK, ta. do we need to give out our adress and everything?

JayX
11-08-10, 13:06
Just ordered mine, looking forward to wearing it with pride.

Stars you do have to give out your address (if you want it delivered to you anyway) but the ordering system is safe and easy to use. I'm very careful when making first time purchases online from stores I don't know, I assure you the ordering system is secure though :)

margaret jones
11-08-10, 13:13
Just reminded me to order so have done so now Maggie

nomorepanic
11-08-10, 15:51
Stars - you can send me a cheque or postal order if you prefer not to order it online. Let me know ok?

fairyclairy
11-08-10, 17:52
Hi Nicola,

I know this hasnt got anything really to do with this thread but i have forgot my password for the online shop and tried to place order the other day - got an email with a new password in it but the email was blank so didnt show me the new password so im unable to place order.. is there anything i can do to sort this out? As want to purchase a t-shirt and take a few leaflets into work for parents i work with. Thankyou x

JayX
16-08-10, 11:56
Wrist band arrived last week, and fast delivery as well thank you, I love it!

nomorepanic
16-08-10, 16:19
Hi Nicola,

I know this hasnt got anything really to do with this thread but i have forgot my password for the online shop and tried to place order the other day - got an email with a new password in it but the email was blank so didnt show me the new password so im unable to place order.. is there anything i can do to sort this out? As want to purchase a t-shirt and take a few leaflets into work for parents i work with. Thankyou x

Sorry I only just saw this post.

I haven't worked out how to change your password yet! Can you forward me the email you got from the shop to nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Ta

Nic

RafflesGeorgiou
26-01-11, 09:15
Could anyone tell me where to get the wrist bands from? Do I type it into google or something? I clicked on online shop on the forum but it just came up with threads. Maybe it's just me being dumb.. :shrug:

nomorepanic
26-01-11, 17:56
Hi

We have run out of bands at the moment. I need to order some more.

They are in the online shop though when available.

Not sure what you mean about the shop coming up with threads? Did you not see the shop itself?

Magic
26-01-11, 19:02
Hello Nicola,Is it possible for me to buy by cheque if I want to purchase anything.Could you give me an address? My husband will not let me use my debit card.Afraid he is very old fashioned. Just learned about the bracelets. THANK YOU

LucyR
26-01-11, 19:47
Hi, What is this about bands? What are they made of and I am just wondering what JFDI stands for?

nomorepanic
26-01-11, 19:49
Hello Nicola,Is it possible for me to buy by cheque if I want to purchase anything.Could you give me an address? My husband will not let me use my debit card.Afraid he is very old fashioned. Just learned about the bracelets. THANK YOU

Yes that is fine Nellie but I am out of bands at the moment but PM me if you would like anything else

nomorepanic
26-01-11, 19:50
Hi, What is this about bands? What are they made of and I am just wondering what JFDI stands for?

Hi Lucy

Have a read of the first few posts on this thread :winks:

LucyR
26-01-11, 20:05
Hi Nicola, Ok I will do this when I get a minute. Thanks.

Magic
28-01-11, 14:09
Thanx Nicola,Will wait for the bands to come in first XX

nikk_dolittle
28-01-11, 17:26
If anyone wants a band, I have a spare one here :) same cost etc as the ones on here. Money to NMP not myself :)

treble99
30-01-11, 18:57
Hi,

I'll buy the spare one from you.

How do i go about the whole payment thing?

P
x

nikk_dolittle
30-01-11, 19:19
Hi there. You will need to PM nomorepanic for paypal address or if you dont have one then you can send the £3.50 ( i think it is) hidden in the post to myself and I can forward to Nic.

:)

Lilleth
29-05-11, 20:56
Hi, I tried ordering one from the online shop, but it says no matches for wristbands, please help!!! I want one!!!

nomorepanic
29-05-11, 22:55
They are not in stock as yet. I am still in the process of ordering them.

Spitfyr88
18-06-11, 01:59
:,( I want one and you've sold out ;(

Eternity
18-06-11, 04:19
Hi Nic
could you let me know when the wristbands are back in stock?
Thanks
Tina x

nomorepanic
15-07-11, 11:35
Bands are back in stock if people didn't know

nikk_dolittle
19-07-11, 09:35
For the next 2 weeks, Everyone that buys one I will give NMP 50p per band SOLD ................. :D

Nikkx