PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a large mole? Woman?

tashbarnes87
17-07-09, 11:54
hi all, i have a large mole on my breast it was about the size of a pea before i had my son. Its now bigger just over half a centimeter if not bigger. My boobs went up 3 cup sizes during pregnancy i was very small before and now they are a bit flabby and streched :blush: the mole is on the side of my left boob. Could this be why its got bigger because my boobs have? it looks normal apart from that. I just read that large moles are more lkely to turn in to skin cancer & im a tad worried, i will get it checked next week x

tashbarnes87
17-07-09, 12:09
actually i just measured it and its just under a 1cm :(

emma30982
17-07-09, 12:56
i have a mole on my boob also, dont think its anything to worry about. if your still worried see you gp to get some assurance.
take care emma

moore
17-07-09, 13:11
size is not an indicator of a mole problem. If it was, Chesney Hawkes would be dead by now lol.
They tend to spread as you get older anywhere on your body naturally as the skin spreads out. As long as they do it in a slow uniform "fading outwards" kind of way its not typically a problem.
But a doctor will always put you at ease, mention it next time you're there.

tashbarnes87
17-07-09, 13:47
:( thanks but this has bigger from the beginning of the pregnancy until now so 16 months. Is that ok? as i said it looks normal, its just big! & has got bigger since before iwas pregnant x

tashbarnes87
17-07-09, 18:25
bump :(

moore
17-07-09, 18:31
I know this sounds dumb, but imagine drawing a small spot on a balloon, then blowing it up. The small spot will get bigger. Thats what happens to moles when skin stretches.
As long as it seems proportional to skin movement then its fine. If it seems a bit fast growing, draw a small scale diagram of it or take a photo with a ruler, then watch it week by week. If it grows or changes a noticable amount within a couple of weeks to a month then take it and show the doctor, with the diagrams. That's what I'd do.