PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Im new on here......

kafebrown
17-07-09, 12:39
Hi all, this is the first time I've ever joined a forum but felt I needed to! Im a 31 year old mum to 3 gorgeous girls and have just recently become affected by panic and anxiety! 3 months ago I woke in the middle of night with a racing heart and dizziness, a feeling of being unable to breathe and a bright red face!! I was rushed to the hospital and once there was monitored. My heart rate was 130bpm. After further tests I was told it was probably a panic attack and was probably a one off. Since then I have been taken over by panic and irrational thoughts - convinced im gonna die any day soon! I constantly check my heart rate worrying its too fast and more recently too slow. Im aware of every breath I take! Well yesterday i rushed to the hospital again with the same symptons after waking at 3am with racing heart etc. My heart rate was ok ranging from 57bpm to about 70bpm after taking propanolol. Of course I worried this was too slow! Apparantly its ok!

I just want to get back to normal and enjoy the summer hols with my lovely family!!

Jaco45er
17-07-09, 13:28
Hi Kafe and welcome.

Have a read around, your story is very familiar. One panic attack can leave you in fear of another, but with the right help, it will be overcome :)

TC

Jaco

kafebrown
17-07-09, 14:55
Thank you for your replies! Im hoping not to have to take anti - depressents for my problems and am looking for more natural remedies. Any ideas? x

ZoJo
17-07-09, 16:04
Hello Kafe,

I use Bach rescue remedy in times of episodes exactly like yours. I have just found the night time rescue remedy, which is supposed to aid a good nights sleep. I think they are available in the online NMP shop, or any good chemist etc!! Its a good natural help. I have even found breathing into a good old brown paper bag has helped.

Good luck.

belle
17-07-09, 17:19
Hi and welcome :)

x