PDA

View Full Version : very scared

meatybuddy
19-09-05, 20:00
hi all

hope you can shed some light on this as its scaring the hell out of me as ive never had it before here are the symptoms:

i today started having my lung feel like they are tightening up and every breath i took was painfull
this symptom was and is new to my panic attacks as i suffer them a lot but never had the tight feeling this bad in my right side of my chest and it only happened in the right side of my chest.

i get all the "usual" symptoms of panic attack but i can handle them to a degree.

i have had all the usual heart tests done , ecg, about 5times by my gp and the hospital loads of different blood tests and even an exercise tollerance test and they have all come back normal, this was nearly 2years ago could things have changed so much in that time?

was just wondering if anybody else has had the same feelings or do u think its something to worry about, im due for my yearly blood test tomorrow so could be worrying about going for that.

any help would be greatfully appreciated

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

alexis
19-09-05, 20:12
Hi Darren, I have had strange feelings before and if I sat and thought about it I would realise I was breathing really shallow breaths, I would then take big deep breaths. You are bound to be anxious about tomorrow, no doubt other people will be along soon to offer advice, try not to worry too much. Love Alexis,xx

taf
20-09-05, 01:23
Hi!
Just to let you know I have definately had gripping muscle tightness round my chest, and one time, even into my back on right side....they even thought it was gall bladder, so thought i better get it ck., and sure nuff, clear...but i was under loads of job stress at that time it happened! I did not realize how much the trunk and tummy muscles could actually grip your whole trunk area til then.
the breathing suggestion was so right on, too, i think from above. i have heard a friend say she actually has lung burning if she gets anxious 'cause she finds herself shallow breathing. one helpful thing for me...rest your palm on your lower tummy near navel....concentrate on actually pushing out your hand as breath moves into lower tummy area....the suggestions for the breathing patterns on this site work very well for me with any chest pain/tightness...i do a 4-4-8 pattern when i am getting wigged...any at other times when i am relaxed too...breath in count of 4...hold breath for 4 (or 2-3 if uncomfortable or anxious) and slowly let out for 8.....works really good.
try drweil.com site for more indepth breath stuff....works good 4 me.
take good care!

in1peace
20-09-05, 05:46
Hi Darren!
Yep. Those symptoms are pretty common for panic/anxiety disorder. I went and had the whole 9 yards done too. EKG, blood tests, X-ray, cat-scan, etc. etc. It's hard to believe it, but panic cause a huge burst of adrenaline, which in turn can trigger your muscles to contract so hard that it hurts and feels like a heart attack or ashma attack or something. I seriously thought I was one foot in the grave over chest pains. A nice emergency room physician explained to me what panic does to you and reminded me that our minds are very creative.
Those breathing techniques that taf suggested are excellent! I have seriously improved my quality of life just learning to breathe like that!
Hope you feel better soon!
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Meg
20-09-05, 13:29
How Do You Do The Breathing (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4042)
Breathing.. wow (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4037)
Breathing Techniques (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4044)
CONTROLLED BREATHING (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

meatybuddy
20-09-05, 20:50
hi meg thank you
i looked at those other posts and were quite helpfull,
i went for my blood test this morning and i will admit it never even bothered me where as i normally wory like mad about having blood taken.

but i did have a panic ttack this afternoon - i got a call from my parents saying that my uncle had passed away i was ok while i was talking to my mum on the phone but as soon as i cam eof the phone i had a attack which sempt 2last forever but i feel a bit better now.

these forums have been a gods send to me and have been realy helpfull thanks to all you guys for your help and support i really appreciate it and i hope i can help you all in return sometime.

daren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

Meg
20-09-05, 21:14
Daren,

I think its really understandable that if you're already struggling, when you get bad news particularly of a sadness such as a bereavement it is not surprising that you get overwhelmed by all the feelings and emotions so don't be down on yourself about that one.

Glad the links helped and well done on the blood tests

Try to just keep on an even keel these next few difficult weeks without expecting much from yourself but do look after yourself well.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

in1peace
22-09-05, 03:34
Darren,
I hate having my blood drawn too. [No] Good job with keeping calm![Yeah!]
Sorry to hear about your uncle.
Hope that all goes well with the results from your tests!
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)