PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety everywhere

the8th
19-09-05, 21:34
I dropped out of college last week. After the week of school I noticed anxiety would build up for the next day until I would make myself nauseous with it everynight and wake up dreading even getting in the car. I transferred to an online Creative Writing program that is only about a year and gets me a certificate but no diploma.

The thing is after that things haven't gone as well as I would have hoped. I feel like I've taken two steps back. Yesterday I wasn't eating a lot because I was so concentrated on my breathing it was giving me anxiety, and I choked on a piece of bread for a few seconds and then became more conscious everytime I put something in my mouth... so I got sick after not really eating and got dizzy and had to rest. Today I am supposed to attend my brother's farewell party (he is moving to England for a year) but I don't know if I can do it. I still feel pretty weak but I also feel really anxious because I had three anxiety attacks in the car last night. Ugh, I hate this. What should I do? I'm finding it so hard to believe that I'm not in real danger just because my body is acting as if I am. I hate how it starts spreading to different areas of my life. Really I just want it to go away but I know the only way is through exposure therapy and self confidence. Should I just go tonight, try to prove to myself that I will be okay? Or maybe I will not be okay... I don't know.

Meg
19-09-05, 21:48
I hope you went even just for a short time to say your farewell to your brother.

You will be just fine- uncomfortable maybe but fine.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

rois
19-09-05, 23:26
I hope you start to feel better and that you made it to your bro's party even if it was only for a little while, you have to try and keep your self-esteem up.

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

taf
20-09-05, 01:13
You will be fine....easy for me to say...but my anxiety at times has gripped my tummy like a rope. I know how painful it is. Do you like to work in the garden? Do you like to walk or jog? These things help me when I feel in the grips and I am able to get away from work for a bit to walk around the campus on the fields during my break time, or sit on the bench in the warm sun. I am sorry you're going thru it right now. This too shall pass.....
Take good care. xxo, T