PDA

View Full Version : hiya from Bristol

SteveJ
17-07-09, 20:35
hi im Steve im 35. Live alone in a flat near centre of bristol. ive suffered with depression and anxiety on and off for about 12 years since my grandfather died who i was very close to. only in the last 3 and half years i have taken medication for it. i did stop taking the ani depressants about a year ago now, i also did do a C.B.T course about 2 years ago it did good at the time but feel it could have gone on longer.
steve
:unsure:

Jaco45er
18-07-09, 09:42
Hi Steve and welcome :)

Veronica H
18-07-09, 09:50
:welcome: Steve. Glad that you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This is a friendly place with great support.

Veronica

SteveJ
18-07-09, 19:22
Thank you all for lovely welcome. i'm glad to have been recommended this site. thank you for info veronica :). have been up and down over the years. found the last few years difficult. been out of work for nearly 3 years, have not made many friends as i tend not to approach people because of the depression and anxiety. hope that with meeting similar people here will help :)