PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

daisycake
17-07-09, 21:11
Last few days I've been really hot and thirsty - to the point I can't cool down, on Mon I was feverish and ended up freezing though :unsure: Also had abdominal cramping and going to the loo a lot more because I'm drinking more...Worried now that I might have diabetes - which in my head I think if it remains undetected I'll get seriously ill - or could it just be tension; I'm going on hols tommorow and I'm quite worried about it - not being able to see my doctor etc..

lesleya
17-07-09, 23:56
Hi daisy
Im a diabetic but im not a dr but i personally wouldnt say you had diabetes from what you've described. You do develop a thirst yes which is one of the signs but i dont think the cramps are a symptom hun. It could be like you say your all churned up over your hols but you can get a free test at most local pharmacies now so why not check it out to put your mind at ease.
Hope your feeling better now and your ok for your hols.
xxx

Quiet-Lift
18-07-09, 02:23
Hi Lesleya

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 5 months ago. Is this the type you have?

The diabetes nurse at my GP surgery asked me if I was feeling more thirsty than usual (yes), and lethargic (yes). Are these the symptoms you've experienced?

Do you take medication for it? I'm on Metformin, Lisinopril, Simvastatin and Aspirin.

Can you suggest any advice which may help to bring my blood sugar level down?

Sorry for all these questions. Hoping you might be a ' layperson expert ' who could give me some sensible tips.:)

Best wishes

daisycake
18-07-09, 09:47
Hi daisy
Hope your feeling better now and your ok for your hols.
xxx

thanks, yeah I am feeling a bit better - trying hard to look forward to hols; is only a caravan two hours up the road; my sister's severly autistic which kind of puts a hold on going anywhere far but should be good; if I could just relax (the past three weeks I've been driving myself mad, telling myself that we will get CO poisoning whilst on hols even though we've done caravan holidays for six years and nothing has happened yet - and my GP said it wouldn't happen...) But hopefully everything will go OK! Me going to try and calm down - we leave in an hour, wish me luck! xx :)